Sunday, 23 March 2014

Our 10th Birthday…





Morning all, have you got May 10th in your diaries? 
Lili of the Valley is 10 years old this year and we are having some birthday celebrations
 

10thbirthdaypartylowres

 
If you are able to visit our shop near Leeds there will be lots going on, we have some of our DT from around the world coming along to demo and meet everyone and there will be special offers and new products
For those of you that can’t make it or are too far away we will be holding our virtual Facebook party again, it was really successful last time and our DT that won’t be here in the shop will be joining in with that

*

We had a nice surprise too, our lovely friends Mary and Andrea at the Ribbon Girl named two of their beautiful laces after our Laila and Lisa to celebrate the 10th birthday
 
We have the lace available in the shop or you can get it online at the Ribbon Girl

This first one is Laila lace and is £1.45 a metre…
 
17mm 'Laila' White Vintage Style Lace
 
and this is the Lisa lace which is £2.30 a metre…
 
32mm 'Lisa' Ivory Fine Cotton Lace
 
 
 
Aren’t they gorgeous, we all love using a bit of lace on our cards… especially Elise who made today’s lovely card
 

Baskets And Bunnies - Elise
 
LOTV BASKETS AND BUNNIES

 
Elise used one of our Statement stamps on this card, they’re great when you just want to say something without using an image
 
The papers are from our Baskets and Bunnies pad, they look so pretty gathered along the bottom of the card, I’d like to have a go at this myself
 
You can see full details, as well as a link to the tutorial Elise used for the paper technique on her blog here
 
*
 
 
That’s me done for today, I was going to have a trip down to the NEC this weekend but I’ve changed my mind. I love a mooch round the sewing and fabric show too but it’s such a long way and I know I’ll just end up buying more things I don’t need. I’m going to have a couple of hours in the attic instead and make use of some of the huge stash that I already have!
 
Leave your name in the linky for today’s candy, and don’t forget to do the blog hop if you missed it on Friday. There are some of the new Annabel stamps up for grabs and the winners will be drawn from all the comments tomorrow morning
 

annabelbloghoplowres


Have a great day whatever you’re doing folks
 


















35 comments:

  1. looking forward to joining in the fun one way or another but might be the perfect justification to my hubby to visit your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card as always from Elise. congrats on your own laces ladies and can't wait to see you at the shop on 10th may. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great card without using an image. Beautiful laces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be at your celebration, but sadly it is way too far to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would like to be there, but it is too far away. Perhaps I could ask hubby to buy the laces for our wedding anniversary which is the next day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am coming up to stay for a couple of nights so I can come to the Birthday celebrations, so excited to be coming to your beautiful shop again. Look forward to meeting you again Anne along with some of my blogging buddies, many of whom I have never met before. Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and love the lace ...on my list when the stamps come out ..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card from Elise and just love the beautiful lace
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lisa and Laila lace is so pretty. I REALLY wish I lived close enough to visit your shop and meet everyone but I will try and join in with the Facebook party.
    Elise's card is stunning. I love the beautiful design and gorgeous papers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card, incredibly beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card from Elise, those laces are soooo pretty and what fab names, such an honour that must be! I've put the date in my diary although i think I'll still be on my break, wishing you a great Sunday. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, the gathered paper looks fab. The roads of Farsley are going to be gridlocked on the 10th. Well done Anne on resisting the nEC and hope you had a good play on the Attic x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lace is so pretty! My mother in law is a lace making and also taught me! Love this card! Very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the statement card and the lace is sweet.
    I will be visiting the shop the next week, can't beleive I'll miss the anniversary party by 1 week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lace is stunning and the card is fab! I love how Elise has used the new papers to layer the frills. Fantastic idea.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just seen the lace on the Ribbon Girls blog and it is so pretty, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and love the lace.
    Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card. Nice paper and details. Have a nice Sunday.

    Hugs, Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous papers, they look so lovely with the equally gorgeous lace. The card has turned out a real stunner.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this card is fabulous I love the paper pleating must have a look at her blog and find out how its done. The new lace is stunning and what a lovely way to recognise your 10th birthday Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card from Elise. She always manages to 'Wow' me with her stuning designs. Beautiful lace. I am afraid I have boxes of lace, as I used to collect it! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are such pretty laces and the card is fabulous with the sentiment and pretty papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. fab card and that lace is just gorgeous!! I am looking forward to 10th!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a fabulous card and I love the laces - beautiful - and so clever to name them Lisa and laila .... when will there be an Anne and a Dawny? Lol!!!!! The birthday celebrations sound wonderful! big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh lovely lace. Pretty card. So good of you to stay home and use the stash. Sometimes it's nice to just relax

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is simply gorgeous beautiful lace and stunning papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such an awesome card here today, sooo beautiful.
    What a shame I live so far, it´s just not fair, that we never get to go near any of those fun events, boy I would love to be able to join your celebration, but here from denmark is a bit too far, I´m afraid ha ha ha. But I sure hope, you´ll all have a wonderful time there in May.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card from Elise as always! I'm busy looking up flights and hotels and things but think it will probably be a bit expensive to make it over there, will have to join you online I think :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card from Elise, love the way she has made the gorgeous frills!.. how lovely of Mary and Andrea to name the beautiful lace after Lisa and Laila, looking forward to the celebrations!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card and gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooo absolutely stunning and such gorgeous papers too.

    Unfortunately i won't be able to visit you for your 10th Birthday Party, as with a 7 year old at school and living in Sussex, it sort of put a spanner in the works - but i will be visiting you either 10th or 11th April, so see you then, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a gorgeous creation! The texture is beautiful beyond words... and I LOVE that the Ribbon Girl named two lovely laces after you! How sweet is that? :o) Congratulations on your upcoming birthday! I'm in the US, but will be with you in spirit (or online..hehe). :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds sounds like a lot of fun on your 10th birthday.I shall join you in spirit on Facebook hopefully.What a beautiful card.Lots of lovely texture too.Such an honour to get the lace named after the leading ladies at LOTV.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card, and gorgeous laces. Congrats!! Would love to visit the shop, but Australia is a tad too far away.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete