Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Playing Golf …



 
 
Morning everyone, how are you today?
We’ve had a few days of glorious sunshine here but it looks like it might change as it’s a bit cloudy this morning, as long as it picks up again for the weekend I don’t mind   …I don’t like being at work when it’s sunny outside!

***

We’ve had a couple of questions about entering the challenge if you don’t have your own blog, you can still enter just email your picture to us and we’ll add it
At the end of the month I’ll number the email entries and they will of course all go into the prize draw


largemonthlychallenge880


Can I just remind you also that our theme for May is Boy Oh Boy so your card must feature a boy of some sort (and yes, babies do count!)


***


Before todays card I have a few pictures to show you from our Recipe Box workshop on Saturday, our Dawny took the class and everyone was really pleased with their finished box…

 
Picture 001
 
Picture 005_thumb[1]    Picture 011_thumb[4] 
 
Picture 015_thumb[1]


I need to just give this lovely lady a mention, Marilyn is visiting the UK at the moment from Australia and came all the way from Heathrow to attend Dawny’s class!

***

The launch of the new Vintage Boys went really well, you are really liking them!
The favourite at the moment is Toot Toot  …although most of you are going for the full set at the discounted price

This is one of my cards and I’ve used Playing Golf which is hot on the heels of Toot Toot in close second place …
 


Playing Golf - Anne


I enjoy making little scenes out of paper, this fabulous Memory Box village die is now available in our shop as are the clouds – they are both so useful
You can’t really see on the picture but some of the layers are stuck with pin flair so it has a bit of dimension, I think the little golfer would also have been nice decoupaged but I’d taken so long to colour him I couldn’t face doing another couple of them!
 
The new art pads are great if you like to do decoupage because you get 3 of each image!
The sentiment is from our Handwritten Phrases set

 
***

Lucy has put all the cards using our new stamps on a Pinterest board and she has also done a Father’s Day board so if you want some ideas for your Father’s day cards or indeed for our challenge then be sure to take a look

 
 
 
 
 


See you tomorrow
 
 
 

 

45 comments:

  1. what a nice card.
    hugs rian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous love the way you have created the scene. Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That class looked great fun Anne. It's pouring with rain here. Your golf card is great. ..love the greens x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love how the background is made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! This little chap is so sweet! He makes you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love his determined walk just like the groom in the wedding couple. The MB dies look fab, I love using the clouds, so useful. Saving my pennies for my visit to the shop later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Anne just love these little characters
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scene with a little cutie, perfect for a man/boy,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamp for a golfer, love these new stamps, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so looking forward to the set of Vintage Boy stamps arriving that I won on the blog hop, as I've said many times I bought the Art Pads at Ally P and they are fab I can't recommend them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! This is wonderful Anne. I love that image and the scene you have created it brilliant.
    I can see why these images are so popular
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for any-one that enjoys playing golf :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you've made the background out of different papers - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely brilliant card and great piccies too.
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous card and thanks for sharing the photos of the class - its always nice to see people crafting! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne, I love this card. The scenery background is so clever. This is one of the stamps I have ordered. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. This stamp is soooo perfect for a couple of people I know! Amazing idea with the scenery too, and clouds are my new favourite thing! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card Anne!!! Love the fabricated scene---cool colors!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card looks cool. Great job on the layering. Thank you for sharing all your creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card today ...
    looks like fun playing golf *lol
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE it, it looks like a painting!!!! The Pinterest doesn't show anything but a blank page, will try again later!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, I just checked that link and it takes you to our Pinterest boards so please do try again.
      Here's the link again just in case it's still not working for you http://pinterest.com/lilivalley/

      Delete
  22. Looks like a fab day by all! and wow what a brilliant card too x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Anne, your little scene is adorable :) Love these boy images :) I love the pinterest boards too, I'm addicted to Pinterest anyway, so I'm always on there looking at the LOTV boards, the amount of inspiration is fantastic :D

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, this is lovely!!! I love the rolling hills and the amazing image! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card for a golfer, great image and wonderful scene, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable card...I do love this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. waw the carrd is absolutely gorgeous!!! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree - the whole set it worth it. Adorable card! Cannot wait to get my stamps in the USA here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card, great use of paper for the grass. Thank you for sharing such a great card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous card, love the design layout!

    Hugs
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card for a guy! My new stamps arrived today - can' wait to get going! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the idea of making a scene. Wil have to look out for the die.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Delightful card, Anne! The image is adorable and the paper scene is fantastic! Loving these cute vintage boys!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card. Perfect for the golfers. I know a few of those....

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like everyone had a fun time at the workshop. Love the recipe box. I would definitely have attended if I lived closer. :) I have so many friends and family who play golf. Love the layout of the card...so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  37. awww how sweet! his clubs are as big as him! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how you have done your background for the image, I think it is really fab and looks very dimensional.

    The photos from the workshop look like you all had fun, I really wanted to come and see you but was busy again on the saturday .. arrghh. I will get to see you soon

    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card. The image is so cute and I love how you have layered the different greens to make the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the little golfer, he looks great in the scene you made for him.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete