Monday, 1 April 2013

A New Guest Designer …




Hi everybody, do you have today off work? It’s a bank holiday here in the UK so everywhere is quiet and I’m hoping to get into the attic and do some crafting
 
 
I have a fab new  Guest Designer to introduce to you today, we have the lovely Mary joining us for April…
 
 



Mary G



I think most of you will recognise Mary, she’s known in the craft world as The Ribbon Girl!
 
.
 
Mother and Daughter, Mary and Andrea, and have always crafted (card making, scrapbooking, cake decorating, sewing, embroidery, soft toy making etc.) and found it had become more and more difficult to buy very small quantities of good quality ribbon, lace and buttons at reasonable prices
As they love ribbons, lace, flowers and all things pretty and sparkly, they decided to open their own online store The Ribbon Girl in 2010 so that they could make very small (or large) quantities of top quality products available to all crafters  …and they only sell what they would use themselves
Mary owns the shop and runs it on a day to day basis while Andrea looks after the social side including the Ribbon Girl Blog, Challenges and their talented Design Team
So, whether you like crafting in classic, vintage, shabby chic or modern style take a look because you'll be spoiled for choice in the Ribbon Girl online store
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Mary’s first piece of work as Guest Designer is this adorable little house …
 


Mary 1 April - Blossom House
 

 
 
OMG this is so cute, I can't wait to have a go myself!
 
 
She’s used the Perfect Pair papers and then cut out our little Blossom from a Mini Masterpiece sheet  …how clever!
 
 
You can also get Blossom as a stamp if you prefer

 
Make sure you take a look at Mary’s own blog here for more of her lovely work and details of how she made this house

 
 
***
 

There will be more from Mary throughout April, don’t forget to visit the Ribbon Girl website and also their blog where you can find weekly challenges and regular gorgeous giveaways!
 
.
.
 

 
See you tomorrow for another sneaky peek of the latest stamps
.
.
 


 

41 comments:

  1. How nice, this is something very different from a map.Greetings rian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fab creation Mary made. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of her GDT projects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A work of art, gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Ribbon Girl and wow, how gorgeous is this house, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic!
    Hugs Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the house is absolutely fabulous.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Mary's creations are wonderful, so glad she is your GDT this month
    The house looks gorgeous. Such a lovely design, pretty papers and beautiful detailing too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love Mary's creations, fab Guest Designer! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning!! LOVE IT!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne, This is just right up my street! Love it and the colours are amazing. Can't wait to see what Mary does next. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow stunning mary!!! i just love this design it is gorgeous. a huge congrats on being chosen as a gdt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely amazing piece - I just love this to bits - so clever! Wow xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fantastic creation, I love pretty things like this, sooo good! The little window is gorgeus and I love the patchwork roof!

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is totally gorgeous! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing such a great way to use the image and the colours are perfect Happy crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty little house - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet and adorable, cannot wait to see what else Mary will show us this month!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute project! Can't wait to see what else Mary comes up with...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very different but beautiful thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Kelly
    Pink crafty devil

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's gorgeous. Love the house. I am at my in-laws in Sheffield today and am hoping to visit Farsley tomorrow. I've been so excited since hubby said he would take me to the LOTV shop while we are up here, but I'm so disappointed that I'm going to be too early to buy the new images that you've been promoting. I definitely want to buy something from the shop but am slightly worried that I may buy something that I already have, because I have got so many already that I forget what I have got!!!(OMG, Don't tell hubby that I said that!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful creation, can't wait to see more of Mary's fabulous artwork.

    Hugs
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply love this...such a clever lady. I am from Australia and love LOV stamps. I have some that I use and some of the cards I have made are one my blog. Hope to one day visit the shop...aaahhhh I can dream for now.
    Regards DOnna

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the soft colors - this is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adorable! Love the patchwork roof and the little girl in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  27. An amazing house & such a lovely project for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness, this is so much a work of art, fabulous, thank you so much for letting us see your creation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow!This is simply gorgeous!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a masterpiece Mary! Totally gorgeous!

    Can't wait to see your next creations as GDT!

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a masterpiece Mary! Totally gorgeous!

    Can't wait to see your next creations as GDT!

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Welcome, Mary! I love your house and how you incorporated the image. A work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous project. Love the girl sitting in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great project! I love the colors! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is just gorgeous. Love it.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my, what a sweet creation! That's so clever! What a talent!! Such a sweet stamp used to finish it off, looks fabulous! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete