Friday, 1 March 2013

Welcome Iris …

 

 

Good morning everyone,  the 1st of March already   …can you believe it??

The weather has definitely changed here this past week and it feels like Spring is just around the corner at last …hooray!

Don’t forget that it’s our open day tomorrow, we’d love to see you and if  you’re not near enough to visit them you can still join in with our virtual party on Facebook

 

logo-facebook

 

We will have some special offers in the shop and we also have a very exciting guest; Annabel is one of our very talented artists and she draws the adorable children that you will associate with Lili of the Valley. She’ll be popping in at some point during the day to answer your questions and maybe do a bit of sketching

***

Onto todays post and it’s time to introduce you to a new guest designer   …we’re delighted to welcome on board the very talented Iris Wiechmann

Iris will be familiar to some of you, especially our blogging friends across the water as she lives in sunny Florida (lucky girl!!)

Iris

Here’s a little bit about her…

Hi, my name is Iris and I live together with my husband in the beautiful state of Florida, being originally from Germany.

I graduated school with a major in art and was working as a Graphic Artist & DTP Designer amongst other things.
I have been creative all my life and I tried many different things but when being introduced to stamping/paper crafting
about 6-7 years ago it became my passion. My favorite part is coloring and I love to use Copics, Distress Inks and also pencils.
Most relaxing for me is being in my craft studio with a good cup of coffee, my two doggies at my feet and just creating away.
I was thrilled when I received Anne's email asking me to be a guest designer for Lili of the Valley this month. I love these
cute images and it's an honor for me!

I hope you'll like my creations and that I can get you inspired a little bit.

***

Here’s the first card that Iris has made for us, she’s used some gorgeous Spring colours and it’s also very appropriate for our birthday weekend here at Lili of the Valley…

Iris 1 March - Flower Arranging

Here’s a list of the supplies that Iris has used on her gorgeous card;

 

Stamps: Flower Arranging, Everyday Grungy Messages

Copics, Memento Ink

Colors: R00, R21, R24, R27, R29 - E70 E71, E74, E79 - C00, C1, C3 - B000, B0000 - YG11, YG13, YG17 - T0, T1, T3

Paper: Bo Bunny - Allora collection

Butterfly die large: Cheery Lynne, Butterflies small: Memory Box (both available from the LOTV shop)

Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima

Embellishments: Ribbon, lace, Stickles, burlap string, pearls, pearl-brad and paper doily

***

Hope you like it, you can visit Iris’s own blog here for a look at more of her lovely work and there will be more from her throughout the month

You can leave a comment to let us know what you think, I’m sure Iris will enjoy reading them too  … and don’t forget that all the comments go into a draw at the end of the month to win a £25 voucher

I’ll be announcing the lucky winner from February on Monday

 

***

 

Have a lovely day, see you tomorrow

 

34 comments:

  1. Proudly welcome Iris,
    I look forward to many new ideas from you here at LOTV.
    Have a great time and a lot of lovely comments
    best wishes hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love Iris's work! She will be amazing as a Guest Designer! This is such a sweet card and I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely!the colours really look like spring is here!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to the virtual party as I was not around last time. It will be wonderful to "see" one of the illustrators. ..I have often wondered who does them. Welcome to Iris and I look forward to seeing her work, this card is a gorgeous start! Happy Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Iris make's amazing cards!
    This is so beautiful. I love that cute image and the colours and details are totally gorgeous.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Iris I love the beautiful colours you've chosen.

    Welcome to the LOTV family how exciting this must be for you, lucky girl
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh iris this is stunning! such pretty colours. a huge big congrats on the guest designing - you totally deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Iris, what a gorgeous card, so live that cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wauw what a lovely card
    hugs rian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iris your card is beautiful and I love the great spring colours
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne, My last comment for a few days, as going in hospital tomorrow. Hope you all have a great time tomorrow. Love this card as it is so bright and cheerful. Just what is needed on a wet miserable morning. Will pop over to Iris's blog to see her other designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to have Iris and her card is so beautiful, of course image is wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card from Iris. The image is so cute and I love the bright colours, fab layout and pretty flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is amazing. Just popped over to Iris's blog, it's well worth a visit as there are the most beautiful creations on it. An excellent GD.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome Iris, this card is stunning, hopefully a sign of things to come. Have fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome Iris, this card is stunning, hopefully a sign of things to come. Have fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to Iris from lovely Florida.xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. welcome Iris - your card is just beautiful - hope you all have a fabby day tomorrow - enjoy yourselves - I'll try to bob into the virtual party at some point! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh oh my the card is totally adorabel and beautiful!!!! And velcome Iris!!! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Iris's card is gorgeous! Looks like she'll fit into the team really well! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful and colorfull card. Gorgeous! Hugs Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome Iris, this card is stunning, hopefully a sign of things to come. Have fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome Iris, Your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Iris' card is gorgeous and that bunny is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looking forward to seeing Iris' LOTV creations this month - such a talented lady :) This is gorgeous, I love the colours, so bright and cheery! That image is sooo cute too :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful. Love those bright and cheery colours! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome Iris, your card looks wonderfull!! Beautiful details!

    Hugs, Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcome, Iris. Your card is amazing. I love the bright colors and the coloring of the image is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful card! Can't wait to check out your blog too Iris, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Huge congratulations Iris!! your card is so cute and sings spring! its gorgeous. Can't wait to see more from you
    Hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Welcome Iris! Love your bunny card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gorgeous card Iris, congrats on the GD spot...looking forward to seeing what you share with all of us, have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete