Tuesday, 5 March 2013

The perfect card!

 

 

Good morning crafters, today I want to show you the card that we made in our ‘how to make the perfect card’ workshop on Saturday

Dawny took the class and she created this gorgeous card especially so that she could include as many techniques as possible

Picture-005-copyweb

 

There wasn’t really time for colouring so that was covered in a separate workshop, for this class she used one of our handy mini masterpiece sheets, pre coloured images that are ready to just pop on your card

The papers are from one of our lovely new pads called Country Lady

Here’s a full list of the other supplies she used, they’re all available to buy in our showroom if you’re able to visit. We don’t usually post out dies but if you did want to have a go at the card give us a ring on 0113 257 8778 and I’m sure we could pop them in with your order

Cheery Lynn dies; French Pastry, Francesca Border, Buttons

Memory Box die; Lavish Branch

Sentiment from our Simply Sophisticated set

Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts or The Ribbon Girl

Ribbons – brown twill tape and jute string

Red adhesive gems from The Ribbon Girl

***

Isn’t it a fabulous card? Dawny is going to be doing some exciting workshops for us on the first Saturday of every month. You do need to book in advance so if you would like to come along and join in then don’t wait as places are limited. Full details are on the website and I’ll put them on here again over the next couple of days if you missed them last time

***

Have a lovely day, and don’t forget to check back on all the DT’s own blogs to see if you were a lucky winner of one of the hidden prizes on last weeks birthday blog hop

See you tomorrow

43 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Anne love the colours and papers
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Dawny, it's a very lovely card. I hope you enjoyed your class.
    xxx Gretha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Dawny made....her class must have learnt so much from her. Perhaps LOTV could have some "special"dies made, in a similar way to how Nitwits produce some papers??? X

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is stunning. I love the image and such gorgeous colours and papers
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing card *love it
    Dawny you did a great Job !!!
    Hugs hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the colour combo, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only I didn't live so far away I would be at the workshop in a flash. Gorgeous card and just love those papers. Another lesson I have learnt from viewing these cards...gorgeous..luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Dawny, it's beautiful.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  10. waw this card is just gorgeous! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! This is gorgeous! I need this stamp - LOL! I love the colors - one of my favorite combos! Beautiful papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card, love the colours and dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's a nice card
    hugs rian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fab, love rhe contrast of the red with the sepia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card! I would have loved to be on that workshop, but can't get there :( I haven't really used flowers like that on my cards, but you are inspiring me to have a go. I'd love to know how to arrange them and affix them though - do you wire them together first? Please would it be possible for one of the DT to give us a few tips on adding flowers? That would be so useful for those of us who live too far away to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, that's my all time favourite LOTV image. Just LOVE it. I love the contrast of the red against the neutral colours, it works so well!

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous card!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I really like the sentiment that you have used with this. I wouldn't have thought of that one. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anne, this is coming from my hospital bed. I hope to get out tomorrow and I am so excited to win the £25 prize. Thank you so much and thanks for all the kind messages. Hugs, CarolS.xxr

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Dawny, love the 'Lavish Branch die'

    Hugs
    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful. Everything fits so well together. Hugs Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a gorgeous card I love how all the different techniques all work together

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card, I love all the detail and colours just lovely.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful, not only the image, but those papers are luscious, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wish I could have attended the workshop...truly the "perfect card". Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a perfect card. I love the color combo and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the layers and the pop of color in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for your lovely comments girlies - I'm so glad that you like the card. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautifully done Dawny.....love all the layers and embellies, your colouring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Indeed, the perfect card, I love the colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an absolutely beautiful card and I love all the colours. Jen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous card, love the layout and colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just found you but love your images. The bunnies are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great card! I love the image and the colors are so rich and romantic! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yep sure is perfect! Really beautiful card, Hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so sweet! Love the colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so full of gorgeous detail and uses one of my all time favourite stamps!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete