Hi all, thanks for stopping by, I have something a bit different to show you today
When Lou does her cards with the patchwork background we always get lots of requests asking how to do it, so she has done us a step by step tutorial showing you how…
Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
Sizzix-658316 Bigz Die Hexagons ¾” sides
Purple ink/ Distress ink-Frayed Burlap/Staz On –Stone Grey
Fine tipped marker (fake stitching)
Base Card/Kraft card
1. Using the hexagon die cut 12 of each patterned pieces = 24 total
2. Using the background stamp inked with purple ink, stamp the background onto kraft card and cut 6 more of the hexagon shapes from this
3. Ink around all of the hexagon shapes with frayed burlap distress ink
4. Peel off the backing piece from the double sided adhesive sheet.
5. Start to stick down the hexagon shapes to build up the pattern
6. Cut the finished patterned piece to a bit smaller than your base card (5”x5”) and ink around all four sides with frayed burlap distress ink
7. Use the clear fake stitching stamp, stamp around all four sides of the patterned piece
8. With a fine tipped marker add small fake stitches around each hexagon shape
9. Glue onto base card and decorate as you wish...
Lou has also used on her lovely card;
I hope you found that useful, do let me know if you have a go
…and thanks to Lou for taking the time to do that for us!
See you tomorrow