Thursday, 7 February 2013

James The Bear …and exciting news!

 

Good morning everyone, before todays card(s) I have some exciting news to share about upcoming events at Lili of the Valley

***

Firstly  …it’s our Birthday!

Come and help us to celebrate LOTV’s 9th Birthday at our next Open Day on Saturday 2nd March at our showroom in Leeds

Can you believe it’s 9 years since Laila started Lili of the Valley in 2004?!

We will have special offers across all ranges in store, a goody bag, free demonstrations and workshops too.  You will be able to sample a wonderful selection of refreshments, enter our free competition to win a fabulous birthday hamper and be inspired by our Spring displays   …you won’t want to miss all that so why not come along and join the party!

After the success of our Virtual Christmas Party on Facebook, we will once again be inviting everyone around the world to join us for our cyber birthday party too!

***

As before the workshops will be bookable in advance as places are limited. If you are interested in attending then please contact our Erica on erica@liliofthevalley.co.uk

*

How to create the Perfect Card

1 ½ hours (10.30 – 12 noon)

£15  (all materials provided)

You will take away a finished card

If you would love to know the secrets of how to create beautiful professional looking cards every time, then this is the course for you! We will cover everything from how to select backing papers, matt and layer your card, co-ordinate colours, use a die, add flowers, use an image, where to put a sentiment, what a sketch is and more.  All materials will be provided and you will leave at the end of the class with a beautiful card.

This is for beginners and for anyone who always wishes their cards looked better! 

*

Beginner Colouring Class

1 hour (2.00 – 3.00)

£10 (all materials provided)

You will take away a completed coloured image for you to add to a card

This class will teach you how to colour an image including skin, hair and clothes using basic shading and blending techniques. You will leave at the end with  a finished coloured image, a colour suggestions chart and a free booklet as a reminder on how to colour

*

Both these workshops will be taken by our Dawny P

*

Watch out on here, the website and our Facebook page for more details about the open day as we have them

***

 

Onto todays card  …I know I said that I was done with Christmas but I couldn’t resist showing you these 2 lovely cards that Pops made as our die cut sheets are on special offer at the moment…

Beary Merry Christmas - Pops

 

 

Beary Merry Christmas 3 - Pops

 

 

Pops has used the sheet that features our ever popular James The Bear   …it’s called Beary Merry Christmas

The A4 Die Cut and Mini Masterpiece sheets are great for a quick card or if you don’t like to colour. They are usually £1.00 each but for a limited time you can get 15 sheets for just £10.00

***

Phew that was a long post!

Enjoy your day and I’ll see you tomorrow x

 

50 comments:

  1. hello there,

    mmmmmm is to far away

    greeting rian (from holland)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to my fave stamp company ;0) Many congrats! I'm so pleased you are having a virtual party too. If I lived closer I would be at the real one in a flash. I love Pop's card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you...
    For me is also to far away!
    Hugs from Pouwla. Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I lived neared!! At least I will be able to join in with the virtual party again.
    Pop's cards are gorgeous. I love James Bear!
    Hugs sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as for the others, Leeds is just "a bit" too far for a short visit! I'd so much love to come along! But I'll definitely try to join the virtual party!
    Oh, and now I know why it was good of me not to visit the Christmas section of your shop before ordering! Aren't they all sooo sweet, and expecially that James, the bear! Will be back for him later in the year for sure...
    Kind regards, Britta (from Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you all!! LOVE James the Bear - gorgeous cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 9 years. I remember first discovering LOTV fairies when I first started crafting and what a long way you have come since then. Look forward to the online party again. 2 fab cards too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!
    Gorgeoys cards!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeously cute card, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards, I have these die cuts, must dig them out and use them, thanks for the inspiration!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards. Those sheets are very handy when you are running out of time and need a quick card

    Happy birthday gosh 9 years where does the time go , you are too far away for me to come to Leeds but an on lne party should be fun

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best birthday wishes! I love LOTV images & with 9 years under the belt, it is obvious everyone else does too!
    Congrats at this milestone.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anne, Two lovely cards and these sheets are great for quick cards. I wish you were closer, as like others, it is too far to travel. I am having a full knee replacement on 20th of this month and I am not allowed to even walk outside fo 3 weeks. I am going to be climbing the walls!! I am not allowed to use Facebook as our computer is linked to my husbands' company. Have a wonderful day. I can remember seeing Laila on C&C. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amei....amei de paixão seu blog!Lindo!!!!
    Parabéns!
    Me visite:
    http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely fabolous! Very nice your Cards so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo, can't wait til the online party again, I WILL make it over at some stage, but probably not for this one :( Also, 9 years wow! Happy birthday!

    Gorgeous cards too, I love James the Bear, he's so reliable :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 9th Birthday!!

    Two gorgeous cards from Pops. James the bear is so cute and the designs and colours look great.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday LOTV! I love your stamps they are just so cute!

    Fabulous cards from Pops as always.

    Hugs
    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy "bearthday". Just found your sweet images. Love the adorable cards from pops. Can't wait to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards from Pop's are gorgeous and beautiful
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are stunning as always x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I adore Pops' cards this are just gorgeous. hugs1 Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just totally adorable!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I would give anything to be able to travel to you for the classes but I'm just a little too far here in the U.S.! It would be awesome if you could do them online!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such sweet cards again.
    Hugs Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday to LOTV! You continue to provide adorable, quality products at reasonable prices. And the addition of the paper pads is great!

    Lovely cards! I'm going to have to get some of those mini masterpieces for when I don't feel like coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cute are these, I particularly love the first one. Wish I lived closer too although probably not good for my bank account tbh..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card, s cute! With I lived closer, though I'd be totally broke! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  29. There both gorgeous and what a great images.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  30. There both gorgeous and what a great images.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, happy 9th birthday! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love both of Pops Xmas cards. Shame I won't be able to join in with the virtual facebook party this time :-( but happy because I have my 3 day ticket for Make It craft show in Farnborough that weekend, so will be paying a good long visit to your stand there :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations LOTV and all staff members on reaching your 9th birthday, here's to many more! James the bear is just so special isn't he? Love the cards Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow - happy birthday for March - I still have some of the earlier LOTV stamps and still love to use them - well done Laila and your team - love the James Bear cards too gorgeous creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pops cards are always wonderful. these are no exception, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  36. James the Bear always comes up trumps when you need a quick fix, lol....and I live near Manchester so will definitely be coming....woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy 9th Birthday. Sure wished I lived closer to your shop. I would be there quite often with all the items you carry. Your team has some pretty awesome designers. I can't find stamps like this anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy Birthday hip hip hoereehhh....

    adorable card too,

    Warme groetjes,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  39. HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!! Looking forward to many more birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sounds like you have lots of fun planned for your birthday party. I need to ask my husband nicely if he'd drive me over to Leeds!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning cards by Pops, these sheets are great for quick cards! Happy 9th birthday LOTV...hope there's many more to come. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh how I wish I could come to a class... maybe sometime in the future there might be on-line classes for those of us who love LOTV in the U.S A.? &:-) hint, hint.. &;-)

    ReplyDelete