Thursday, 3 January 2013

Little Dance Child

Happy new year friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, refreshed and relaxed and ready for a whole new year of stamping! 2013 is sure to bring about a few changes, but change can be a wonderful thing sometimes. 

My first card of the new year brings you this lovely little geisha stamp from the companion stamp set 38 that was released with pretty Asian themed images not too long ago. 

Once again I've done a very simple card, two layers including just a bit of border of patterned paper from the 'Promises' paper pad. It may be just a tiny bit of DP showing but sometimes that has the biggest impact when in contrast to a lot of white. I personally love the look of it!


I used a lot of stamps from the companion set to create a little scene on my card front, and they are great for adding a little something extra to the inside of your card as well. I forgot to photograph the inside of my card this time, but I stamped the pagoda and willow tree in one corner to tie the whole thing together. It's a nice little 'extra' surprise when the recipient opens it up. 
The sentiment is from Sentiments to fit Scroll from the Geisha companion set. 



I hope that these simple little cards that I've been showcasing have been helpful to some of our newest stamping friends, who might be intimidated by the gorgeous, many-layered cards our DT is known for. You can still make beautiful cards with LOTV stamps that are a little easier to recreate in this style. I hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful 2013!

27 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Katarina, I love how this looks :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card and the colouring is stunning!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and I love that purple ribbon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Its so gorgeous. Happy New year to everyone at LOTV xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card that image is sweet

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute!!!!! Really beautiful card, love the simplicity. hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours and colouring!!! Love the ribbon and the CAS feel. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow..I love all the white here, lovely geisha girl, wonderful touches,I'm sure the inside is very pretty too! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! And thanks for the inspiration, because today I need to make a card for a birthdaygirl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so pretty, great use of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, I love the image and the colours look wonderful

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card! Love the clean and simple look of it. And your coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, image just gorgeous, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely...great colouring and beautiful ribbon!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is just so stunning. Great coloring.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful is your card and image great layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. super sweet - love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so pretty!!! Beautiful colors and a sweet little girl!! Have a great day, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your simple cards. I find them much mote appealing than the many layered ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, A very pretty card and love the simpleness of it. shows sometimes less is more. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi. This is a beautiful card and love the simplicity of it. Shows that sometimes less is more. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful style of this card

    ReplyDelete