Sunday, 11 November 2012

Sale finishes today …and our guest designer for November




Hi everybody, hope you’re having a lovely weekend
The weather has been fabulous here in Leeds – lovely sunny Autumn days, perfect for a long walk to blow away the cobwebs!

***

Before todays card, just a reminder about our special ‘stay at home and save’ sale which ends at 4pm today (UK time)
You can get any 5 of our small stamps (priced £4.50) for only £20, our A5 Stamp Sheets for only £12.00, 3 of our Paper Pads for £20 and any 12 Die Cut Sheets for £10.00*!
We are also extending our free postage offer to help make your savings go further**
*all products are while stocks last   **the free postage excludes the Paper Pads as usual 


***

Onto todays card and it’s time for me to introduce again our Guest Designer for November Chrissie
Chrissie runs the Less is More challenge along with her friend Mandi and we wanted to see if she could come up with some clean and simple cards using our stamps – a very different style of card to the ones we usually have to share with you!


This time Chrissie used our very popular Posy Trio image to make this lovely card…



8 Chrissie November Posy Trio



Here are a few instructions if you would like to have a go;
The bear from the Posy Trio was stamped directly onto the card front and coloured with Faber watercolour pencils. A smaller rectangle of matching card was cut, leaving approximately 2cm of the card front showing all around the edge. A circle was die-cut from this piece, to reveal the image beneath. The edges were then hand embossed to match the die-cut circle. This piece was added using dimensional pads, once the sentiment from the Handwritten Phrases set had been stamped


Isn’t it lovely. I think I’d just be itching to fill all that white space with flowers and ribbons  …but it’s perfect, the little bear is the main focus (as he should be) and it really doesn’t need anything else!


Hope you like it, there will be more from Chrissie later in the month


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday

Anne xx

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I find it harder to do these style than the 'fussy' ones. Such talent! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card from Chrissy - this is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bear but a bit too cas for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card! Such a cute image. I love CAS cards but am not very good at that them. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from adding things lol!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this card is lovely, I was lucky enough to win this set of stamps so I have it in my arsenal, so another great idea I can do with them. Thank you for sharing and welcome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully clean and simple. I love it. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love it

    Hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card!! The design is so effective and such cutie too!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the clean and simple look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simplicity of this card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a simple, yet so effective and lovely card...so cute! Thanks for the sale, I did take advantage! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this... clean and simple yet so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, bet mine would not be that clean and simple, I would have inky fingerprints, bits of glitter then I would just have to add ribbons and flowers just to cover them up lol thanks for sharing angxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet, well done!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this CAS card. The layout works just brilliantly with the circular image.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning and that little bear is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - I haven't got my head around CAS cards yet, they're my disaster zone lol! This is fantastic, I wish I could make something so simple yet fabulous!

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card. Chrissie makes the most amazing CAS cards.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks great!
    Hugs Sinikka

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad the weather is lovely somewhere....we had 25cm of snow this weekend! Yuck! Chrissie's card is adorable! I love the "clean" look...so many beautiful images are lost in all the "stuff" on some cards!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I loooove this card! CAS is really not easy but it is so beautiful when well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely CAS card, thanks for the tutorial.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG this is so adorable. I love the simple cards and this one is just gorgeous. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  24. So gorgeous, love the clean crisp look and that image is adorable!

    Hugs
    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cas card. I totally love it!

    Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing!!! So clean and simple - it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card. So cute and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just don't 'do' C&S. I love my embellies too much, but to see the images in this way really does make them look so amazing. The fact that they can be used splatter gunned with flowers and embellies, or hold there own on a C&S card like this just goes to show how versatile they are. I LOVE LOTV!!! LOL
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love to see the LOTV stamps used in a different style than we are used to from the DT. Love this sweet CAS card.
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete