Thursday, 1 November 2012

A new guest designer …



 
Good morning everyone, it’s the start of a new month so that means it’s time for me to introduce a new guest designer to Lili of the Valley  ...and for November we’re thrilled to have on board Chrissie
 
I’m sure many of you are familiar with the Less is More challenge which is hugely popular and we can’t wait to see how Chrissie interprets our stamps into her clean and simple style of card making

 
 
Here’s a little bit about her…
 

clip_image002

 
I began card making in 2007 when my daughter requested handmade stationery for her wedding  ...I went into a craft shop and was totally overwhelmed by the array of things available and I’ve been finding out what to do with everything ever since
I began by posting cards on the Docrafts site and was encouraged by fellow crafters there to begin my own blog. Later, I was approached by Mandi from the Isle of Wight, who asked if I would be willing to start a challenge blog with her solely for Clean and Simple cards. I jumped at the chance and the site “Less is More” has gone from strength to strength, now boasting over 1600 followers
I also am on the design team for Craft Stamper Magazine and have been lucky enough to have had many cards and articles published there
 


 
Here’s the first card that Chrissie has made for us…
 
 

8 Chrissie November Grunge Corners


 
Here’s how she made the card …
 
A square frame was cut with Nesties and one of the Grunge Corners stamped with Versamark on opposite corners. These were then heat embossed in silver
The interest beneath the aperture is a piece of silver gauze
A tiny butterfly was gently rubbed with Versamark and also embossed in silver then cut out
The sentiment is part of the phrase “Sending Love Across the Miles” from the Handwritten Phrases set
 

***
 
 
Isn’t it lovely …and I think you’ll agree completely different from the cards you usually see using our stamps
 
 
You can find more of Chrissie’s work on her own blog here and also make sure you take a look at the challenge here
 
 
There will be more from Chrissie throughout November and I hope we’ve inspired you to have a go at something a little bit different!
 
 

Anne xx

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Chrissie. Very ver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, simple and elegant, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant....another different take on LOTV stamps. Thanks so much,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Chrissie very elegant. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgeous and beautiful card.
    Gr Elly, Roemenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work - it will be nice to see more of Chrissy's creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so elegant and such a different style using LOTV products.. Looking forward to seeing more

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is stunning. I love the elegant design. I adore Chrissie's card making designs so looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning CAS card ... Looking forward to seeing more of Chrissie's cards!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, look forward to seeing more of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so simple, but so pretty, love it.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous I'm looking forward to seeing more of your makes. It's really nice to see a different take on the LOTV products

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely different -- I hope she can bring a whole new audience to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful window card. So elegant. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chrissie's cards are always elegant and chic and this one is no exception - very classy. Can't wait to see what else she makes using your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, what a beautiful creation! Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card, I find cas very hard to do , I just don't know when to stop angxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely card, I find cas very hard to do , I just don't know when to stop angxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous work. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastically stunning CAS card, I love the silver heat embossing, it's beautiful!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card from Chrissie. Love how she's used that lovely corner to make a CAS card.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely simple idea.. traditional black and white..

    Ami-May Thorpe.
    littlemaysblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, a new designer, that is brilliant, I cannot wait to see your ideas and projects Chrissie, welcome. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an elegant card and lovely to see something a little bit different :)
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. wooow card really eyecatching love color

    ReplyDelete