Saturday, 1 September 2012

Welcome Kath ….


Good morning crafters and thanks very much for stopping by
It’s the first day of a new month which means it’s time again for me to welcome a new guest designer to Lili of the Valley


Some of you did guess already who it was from my little clue; for September we are delighted to have on board Kath …and of course her partner in crafty crime Buddy


6 Kath September buddy 2


I’m sure many of you are familiar with Kath and her crafty goings on in the cubbyhole, we love her work here at Lili of the Valley and thought she was just the person to show you how to use our stamps in a slightly different way to what is our usual style
.
.
Here are a few words from Kath before I show you what she made for us;

Hi everyone my name's Kath but I'm probably better known in the craft and blog world as "Buddy's Mum" ...the hooligan Golden Retriever who is my crafty partner in the mad crafting space we call the cubbyhole.
I've been crafting most of my life and have tried my hand at everything from knitting sewing crochet etc ...you name it I've given it a go. 
After retiring from my ceramic business almost 15 years ago I found paper crafting and card making quite by acciden t...accompanying a friend rather reluctantly I have to say to a craft workshop day and little did I know how it would change my life. I was absolutely hooked ...bought a stamp and an ink pad ...came home and had absolutely no idea what to do with it. Thanks to the wonderful world of the internet I soon realised that when you put the two together ...magic things happen ...just as well because I can't draw for toffee!
This wonderful hobby is now also my job ...so much for retirement!  I am so lucky that I do what I love and love what I do working for Fiskars ...Sizzix ...Craftwork Cards ...The Ribbon Girl and am joint co-ordinator on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog. 
I also do demos and workshops in my local area ...meeting lovely folks and sharing my crafting passion is definitely the icing on the cake ...probably the best job in the world.
I was so honoured if a little nervous when the lovely Anne asked if I would like to guest designer on the Lili of the Valley Blog ...crikey no pressure then ...I will warn you that I'm pants at the whole colouring thing and am always in awe of the very talented design team at LOTV so best policy is stick with what you know. 
I hope you will enjoy my take using some of the fabulous stamps from LOTV.
Hugs Kath xxx
.
.

Here’s Kath’s first card for us, she’s used our Grunge Corners and  Grunge Postcard stamp as a background for one of the sentiments from Set 27 Vintage Labels – Just To Say


It’s a bit different from the cards we normally have to show you, I think you’ll agree it showcases a whole new way to use our stamps


6 Kath September Grunge Postcard



She also used on the card; white cardstock stamped with Archival Ink...Coffee...coloured with Distress Inks Antique Linen and Vintage Photo...the label and hearts were coloured with Worn Lipstick
Seam binding, bakers twine and pearls from The Ribbon Girl





Isn’t is fab? You can see more of Kath’s work on her own blog here and there will be more from her throughout September


Have a lovely day


52 comments:

  1. I love Kath's work which is very different from the cute and girly style, which I also love. This is fabulous and shows a whole different way to use LOTV stamps. Can't wait to see what else she comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a FAB card! I'm a cute image crafter but would love to try something different so am looking forward to seeing Kath's creations in September.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card its just so different, not something I associate with LOTV :) still love my cute images though

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath,

    you made a wonderful card ... I had a look at your blog as well and I'm a follower now. Love to see more of your works.

    Hugs from Germany
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kath, just shows you where LOTV and thinking outside of the box can get you.

    Congratulations on your GDT for September, richly deserved.

    Thanks for the inspiration

    Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kath and good to see you as a GD at LOTV!
    Congratulations, you deserve it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Kath, Wow different but so very beautiful l just love the colours the vintage look and the layout truly stunning, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kath this is fantastic, I really love the way you bring a whole new idea to using my very favourite stamps. Really stunning work, thanks for sharing.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card really is diferent from all the others. But it's equally beautiful. I love it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is really different Kate, I look forward to seeing what other goodies you have in store for us. Welcome. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card. It's super to see new ways to use things and I'm sure there will be a quite a few who will try this. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm looking forward to seeing more creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kath has done a fabby card with your products, love it.Looking forward to seeing some more magic from her. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh waw this one is really beautiful and elegant. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kath, I love the background and distressed edges. I'm so jealous of your GDT position but I also can't wait to see your next creations!! LOL
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Kath on your GDT position,your creation is beautiful.Love the layout.:)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply lovely! It's nice to see a card using different techniques for those of us who struggle with coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love it as its a bit different. I've been really inspired to use stamps after discovering LOTV & visit regularly the site & blog for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Kath. So nice to see another way of using the stamps.
    It has given me lots of new ideas.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card from Kath, gorgeous colours and textures.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card Kath, it is so different. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it really is different, but i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the layering, and the use of my two favorite distress ink colors - antique linen and vintage photo! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I already follow Kath & Buddy's adventures in our crafting world so I'm a fan of her.
    I love what she has made here and those stamps are now going to the top of my 'need' list.
    Looking forward to seeing more from Kath hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fantastic! I love the worn look, it's so pretty! The layout is fantastic as well, I love all the layers. Amazing!

    Tagsxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. YEAH it's more than fab!! Sooo Kath and so different from anything else, I admire her and wish I would have a tiny bit of her skills and talent!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful vintage card:)Beautiful stamps:)
    Happy weekend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anne,
    Well it seems like you have someone new and very different to showcase the LOTV stamps and what a fabulous choice Kath is. Her card is beautiful, so soft and yet so vintage and shabby chic too.
    What an asset is all I can say.
    Regards Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is gorgeous and thanks for introducing Kath. Being still new to the whole blog world, I love meeting new people!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card, love the way the stamps have been used.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, its so nice to see a totally different take on the fab LOTV stamps. Can't wait to see what else Kath has to throw into the mix! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pleased to meet Kath. If she is a dog lover, I am sold. She loves a Golden Retriever - so that's a major bonus. Going to check out her blog right now. Love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great to see how Kath has used these lovely LOTV stamps in the way she does best. Looking forward to more LOTV inspiration from her.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wowie - amazing - what can I say??
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great card!

    groetjes Hermien

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely card...so feminine.

    Sue C

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love cute and cuddly, but Kath's style is so lovely in a completely different way, gorgeous card.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card! Love it!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a gorgeous card and I have had the pleasure of being at many classes with Kath - she is truly a great tutor and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the vintage look of this. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yes it is definitely gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more of Kath's work. cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations!!.. Great Card.. Lovely layers of paper.. and lots of stamping.. Daring choice of colors.. and it looks Great ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a gorgeous card! Love all of the PINKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card, Kath's work is great. Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh wow I love this new take on using LOTV stamps.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great take of the stamps!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love Kath's work and have been a follower of her blog for a long time! I'm looking forward to seeing her LOTV creations!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  47. A beautiful Vintage card. Love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete