Sunday, 1 July 2012

Welcome Mindy ….



Hello again everyone, Sunday already, the weekend is just flying by so I hope you’re all having a nice relaxing day and maybe doing some crafting.
Today I’m going to introduce you to our guest designer for July
We’d like to welcome Mindy, she’s no stranger to Lili of the Valley and had been using our stamps for a long time, here are a few words from her as an introduction;


image

Hello, my name is Mindy Baxter. I’ve been paper-crafting for almost 6 years now. I love being on design teams and being able to work alongside with some of the most amazing designers around the world. I’m currently on Magnolia-licious, Little Darlings, Wild Orchid Crafts, Just Magnolia and Lili’s Little Fairies design teams. My favorite part of creating is coloring with my Copics and picking all the flowers to go on my card or project.
I used to draw a lot as a kid and a few years ago I took the plunge in illustrating. I illustrated for Hanna Stamps and 2 Red Banana’s. Another passion of mine is writing poetry and I currently have my own sentiment sets over at Little Darlings Rubber stamps. I also love Graphic Design and do a lot of behind the scene projects with the design teams I’m on.
I have been a huge fan of Lili of the Valley ever since they came out. The images are so sweet and so much fun to color. I was so thrilled to be asked to join this month as a guest designer. It’s such an honor. I hope you all like my creations.


Here is the first card that Mindy has made for us


image


I love these little LOTV Bears. They are so much fun to color. I decided to make a round, I thought it would be cute with the balloons. I took one of my border dies and cut it so I can make it go around the card. The sentiment is one I created.
Supplies:
Paper - Basic Grey, Stampin’ Up!, Copic Xpress
Ink- Memento and Copics
Wild Orchid Crafts - 25mm white rose, 15mm purple roses, pink hip rosebuds, white lily, lace, purple pearls
Accessories –Stampin’ Up ribbon, misc button



I hope you like Mindy’s card today, you can take a look at her work on her blog here and we’ll have more from her throughout July.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend and make sure you stop by later tonight to see if you were lucky in the blog candy draw and then again tomorrow when we’ll have a card from our lovely Bev
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome Mindy! Your card is adorable! I love the colours and your spur layout..super cute image! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Stunning card by Mindy. the image is so cute and I love all the detailing
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big welcome to Mindy and congratulations to her.
    I have loved Mindy's cards for a long time and her ideas are truly inspiring.
    Looking forward to seeing her work for LOTV throughout July.
    Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very big welcome to Mindy! I love how Mindy made this card round, it is beautiful, love the pearl trim around the edges and the image is adorable - coloured beautifully. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mindy and I am looking forward to more creations by you this July, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy, gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Mindy, Wow this is just so beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card... love the lace, flowers and buttons... and especially the flowers. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH Mindy what a cutie! adorableeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mindy, your makes are just magical! I love this beautiful circle card, it is really inspiring!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Mindy, what a fabulous card.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to have inspiration from the talented (and super sweet by the way) Mindy! Congrats!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting!! You are just an unending source of inspiration and I ...OF COURSE, love what you've done with this precious LOTV image! :)

    ReplyDelete