Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Good Luck Bear

Good morning blog friends! I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far. We have been having very HOT and humid temps around here for the past 2 weeks, and I am just about melting in this heat, lol! Today here in the US of A we are celebrating Independence Day, so a lot of us have the day off from work. Usually we would be barbecuing and drinking frothy iced drinks to keep cool, but my kids are away at the grandparent's house for a couple of weeks and it's just me and Jimmy. Maybe we'll just do the frothy iced drinks part and get some take out!

I wanted to try something new with my card today, inspired by a card I saw in the Silhouette store. The Silhouette Store one made a very small card, and I wanted it a little larger so I adapted the idea for this A4 sized card.  It turned out to be a lot more complicated than I anticipated, but I was determined to get it done, lol!


Basically it's 4 layers of different colored cardstock, each with a scalloped circle die cut out of it in graduated sizes. Getting the scalloped circles centered exactly right so that they lined up perfectly wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! But oh wow, I LOVE this effect. If I could find an easier way to do this, I might do it more often.


I used one of the sweet little bears from the new 'Posy Trio' set, colored in Copics, right in the center of the window. 


I also stamped the top most layer of cardstock with the 'Roses Background' clear stamp in white ink and added a little tag from 'Sentiment Tags' to the bow.
Well, that's all for today, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


-Katarina

18 comments:

  1. It looks stunning, love the idea.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty... lovely card!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, love that cute image and such a fab design

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's so awesome card. I think I'm gonna borrow this idea :)
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a great effect.. Love it. and the colours you have chosen are perfect too.

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine that it wasn't easy to get everything centered. But the effect: wow!!!

    I love your colouring and the colours and dp you used: gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god this is absolutely gorgeous. I have to try out something like that in the future. Thanks for sharing. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this effect with the scallops, really clever card, and so summery (not that we know what that is at the moment!). I love, love, love this card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! If you find a simple way to do it please tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant card, love the design!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card and love the idea. gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! I love it and am going to try it out! I think I may have figured out a simpler way to achieve this but with the same look.
    If you cut all your pieces in squares or rectangles 1st, then die cut the circle in the first layer. Die cut the other decreasing circles roughly in the centre of the other layers then cut around with a craft knife leaving a large border. When all the pieces are cut, layer up the circles, then layer the large 'frames' under the top piece. It will be messy behind the layers but will not show if you leave borders large enough and you don't need to worry about being so precise with the die cutting :-) Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this. Thank you for the idea. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love this. Thank you for the idea. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW this is amazing I cant wait to give it a go, Thanks for the inspiration.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete