Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Christmas Angel

Hello blog friends, I hope you're enjoying all the peeks of the new Christmas stamps. Each is more gorgeous than the last, don't you think? 
The one I used for my card today is called 'Christmas Angel - Oval Bauble' and she is precious!


She's colored with Copics, shaded with some additional colored pencils as well. I find colored pencils helpful when I don't have a Copic color dark enough to get the depth of shading I really want. OR, I love using really sharp pencils for those last few strands of hair, it adds that super fine texture that I just can't get with a Copic.



 A couple of weeks ago on Pinterest (I spend entirely too much time on there!) I saw a link posted for these gorgeous old Christmas sheet music PDF's and I knew it would be perfect for this card! I love the illustrations on them, and the title makes a perfect Christmas sentiment. 




You can buy these beauties from midnight tonight and get to creating your own gorgeous cards, thanks for stopping by and make sure you pop back later for some more sneak peeks from our design team

Have a great day!


~Katarina


Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Christmas Angel- Oval Bauble'
Ink: Distress
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, gold Stardream, SU, Hammermill for stamped image
Tools & Accessories: Copics, colored pencils, OMS, Spica pens, Stickles, Prima lace, satin/organdy ribbon, clutch pin, beads, Memory Box Tessatina die, Wild Orchid Crafts red roses, Cheery Lynn pine dies, red pearls, gold gel pen

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning, absolutely love the image and great idea to use music for part of the background - Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Katarina. I have used music before in my cards but love the way this becomes the sentiment! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card - I love the sheet music behing the fabulous image! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ou this one is a beauty. Lovely coloring and a great new image. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. another really gorgeous image - I'm loving the look of all of the new ones!!
    Stunning colours and detailing

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used the songsheet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and love the idea of the music sheet and that pin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card - Its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!