Monday, 4 June 2012

Sending Love...

Hello friends near and far, it's a beautiful spring day here in the mountains of Pennsylvania and I have a sun-shiney happy card to share with you all. I wanted to try something new and fun that was all about the pretty papers and an adorable bear! I had this idea to paper piece a big sun with the rays, but it turns out, someone had already had that idea! LOL, I always Google things when I have an idea that I think is new, and it's a good thing I did, because there was the perfect tutorial for it already. Grab the PDF template here if you'd like to try it too.



So I cut out all the sections of the sun's rays from Picadilly papers, very bright and colorful! Super easy, and there's not much else I need to do to spruce up this card. 


The little bear 'Patchwork Bunch of Balloons' was colored with Copics, then cut out completely. I stamped the bear onto the background first, before gluing down the bear and balloons, so all the little fuzzy details wouldn't be lost.


I added a little sentiment banner across the bottom and call the card done! The sentiment is from the new clear set, 'Handwritten Phrases'. I love having a ton of sentiment stamps, so I am never at a loss when I need that perfect card for a certain someone.


Hope you like it, this was a fun card, you should try it! Thanks for visiting!



15 comments:

  1. Que lindo, Katarina!
    Achei o seu cartão magnífico!
    Muito obrigada por compartilhar!

    Abraços!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Katarina! Thanks for the template - definitely would love to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful, it's so bright, I just love it! :D That sun idea is amazing, I'm going to have to try it out :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so cute. The patchwork sun and balloons are gorgeous. What a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bear with his balloons, this piecing technique makes the perfect background for him!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bear looks perfect with your amazing background! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow and wow.... What a great idea to display the patterned papers like that creating a brilliant effect but I also love the idea of stamping the bear before sticking him down to keep those little furry details..

    I will defiently be trying both of these idea.. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration..

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it, thank you so much for sharing!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely sweet card!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely and colourful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for the background!
    Very cute bear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea and it's great for using up little bits of paper also. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete