Thursday, 24 May 2012

You're Cool Beans!

Hello friends! I've got a little project using one of my most favorite LOTV stamps to share today. I needed a little gift set for a good friend who loves coffee almost as much as I do, so I decided to make up this cute little K-cup gift box with a matching card. 



I went with a monochromatic color scheme using many different shades of browns and creams, just like a creamy hot cup of good coffee! I colored the little cuties from 'Coffee Break' with my Copics and a little colored pencil for additional shading and detail. 


I stamped my own background papers so I could coordinate everything the way I wanted. The little K-cup gift caddy is from a tutorial I found on The Cat's Pajamas web site. 





I added little circle seals to the tops of each K-cup that says 'You're cool beans!' How cute is that! I think my friend will get a chuckle out of it, and enjoy my favorite coffee as well. 


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


Stamps: LOTV 'Coffee Break', Waltzingmouse Stamps, Impression Obsession & Papertrey Ink (for background papers), Gina K (sentiments)
Ink: Memento, Distress, Adirondack, Perfect Match
Papers: Hammermill (stamped imaged, Papertrey Ink, Bazzill
Tools & Accessories: PTI ribbon/button, SU wide striped ribbon, Copics, colored pencils, Spica pens, Souffle pens, baker's twine, Cheery Lynn doily die, Nestabilities, Spellbinders Fancy Labels

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is super dooper, I love projects like this thankyou so much for sharing the link to the instructions.

    Gonna make one today.
    Cheers
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color scheme is so cool, especially on the image itself! Love your project, especially the "cool beans" circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this stamp - was going to use if for my Mum (we are English) when she comes over for a visit in June (Cannot wait to see her again). But I was going to add a stamp that says, "You are my cup of tea". I love your colors, I think they would be good for tea also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! Enjoy your day, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours on this card... beautiful!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute. I love the colours
    Greetings from Germany
    Margret

    ReplyDelete
  7. absoloutly stunnig and how clever...she will love it ..hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is just fabulous, and you are right the colours do remind me of a lovely cup of coffee. Thank you for the link too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely ide. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, I love the tone of colours you have used and your design is really beautiful. Thanks.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is fabulous, love the colours and those ribbons are yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning card:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is outstanding in both design and colour. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such gorgeous card. I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete