Monday, 14 May 2012

Bowl of Strawberries

Hello blog friends! It's the start of a new week, and with the temperatures around here, feeling a bit like summer! In a few days we could be expecting temperatures a bit too warm for my tastes, lol. I'll take the warmer days over the bitter cold anytime though!

With summer fast approaching, I felt like making a bright summery card, with Strawberries of course. I love strawberries, next to watermelon they are my favorite fruit for eating, but tops for coloring. This charming bowl of berries is something new for LOTV, but I really hope to see more. They really are fun.


I colored them with my Copics, and to highlight the seeds instead of leaving them white (too difficult!) I went back with a Souffle pen. Not exactly realistic looking, but kind of fun and whimsical. 


The papers are a digital collection, again from Raspberry Road Designs, called Flour Sack. Lots of lovely vintage, remind-me-of-Grandma's apron and dishtowel patterns. Perfect for this strawberry bowl image! 
The sentiment is from the new clear set 'Vintage Labels- Occasions'. Love these! I cut it out with my scissors, then added a border in a red Copic. The look of a matted layer, without the work.


Hope you like it, thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Strawberries' and 'Vintage Labels- Occasions'
Papers: Digital papers from Raspberry Road Designs printed on Hammermill 
Tools & Accessories: polka dot ribbon, button, ball-head pins, Martha Stewart corner punch, Copics, Souffle pen, Spica pens, sewing machine, Spellbinders Labels die

13 comments:

  1. no NOT exactly realistic looking .... IS!!! REALEASTIC looking...
    they look so real!

    Wow! this is totally gorgeous and makes me feel like strawberries .... it is cold, dreary and wet here this morning but this card makes me feel summery ....

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The bright colours are wonderful, and those berries look good enough to eat!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katarina,
    What a lovely card and the bowl of fresh fruit is delectable. The strawberries look so lucious I could eat them.
    All the best Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very realistic and very tasty. sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too, disagree Katarina, they look so real that I feel you could actually pick them up and eat them! Gorgeous image and really beautiful card. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, loving the colours, so summery. Nice jug of cream and I'd be right in there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty colourful and summery card! Now I really want to go get some strawberries :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous??!!! That is so life like..you can almost smell the strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bowl of strawberries, this is so cute! Great coloring and card design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colouring and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A totally yummy card, love it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes i love this gorgeous card!!! i love images with strawberrys on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!