Friday, 13 April 2012

Mr Fix It!

Hello everyone! It's me, Dena, today with a project for possibly Father's Day or any other male occasion.  I happen to have a Dad that can make anything with wood! He is the best handy man around!  So, I thought it only appropriate to make something with him in mind!


To create the tool box, simply fold a box base and then cut tags out the same width as the box for the sides.  I used my Cricut to cut out the tags and also cut out some thin cardboard to make the sides more sturdy. 

 This is what the side looks like.  I added a small strip of cardstock to the top for the handle.  You could add a dowel rod and insert in the tag holes, but I chose to make it this way since I didn't have a dowel rod handy.
All images are colored with distress inks and the paper is from Hobby Lobby with a washed wood grain look to it.  For the back I cut out some letters from my Cricut and glued them on.  The corners are half circles.





Such a cute little bear!  You can find "Mr Fix It" HERE at the Lili of the Valley shop.

Thanks for checking out the blog! I hope you are enjoying all the boy/male ideas!

Hugs, Dena

11 comments:

  1. great card for Father's day, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and it's perfect for Father's Day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome. I love the wood look, how did you manage this so wondeful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love the wood look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow This is amazing!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely awesome for a boy or a male Dena, but I don´t quite understand how you made it from your perscription. Don´t you have a tutorial for how it´s made, or maybe you woukld be a sweetie and make a simple one, cause this is such an awesome idea, and I for one would love to learn how to make it.
    Thanks sooo much for all your wonderful ideas always. It´s such a pleasure to watch your stunning work.

    ReplyDelete