Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Lazy Afternoon

Hello LOTV fans! Continuing on with our boy theme this month, I've chosen this sleepy cutie for my card today. 'Lazy Afternoon' was stamped on kraft cardstock and colored with an assortment of colored pencils. This effect is so dramatic and beautiful, I don't know why I don't think to do it more often. 


The adorable papers are from Kaisercraft's 'Tiny Woods' paper pad. Perfect for little boys! I'm sure that's exactly what this little guy was doing before he decided on a little snooze under a tree, running around the woods getting dirty, lol! 


Instead of fancy embellishments for this little boy card, I went with a simple ribbon folded over like a prize ribbon. A sentiment from 'Set 19' tops it off. I use these clear sentiments a LOT, I love them! There's something for every occasion and it's so easy to add a sentiment to any card. 


Hope it helps inspire you for those difficult masculine cards! Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Kaisercrafts, ruche paper, PTI
Tools & Accessories: PTI ribbon, pinking rotary cutter, McGill circle punch, colored pencils, OMS

12 comments:

  1. Hi Katarina,
    What a beautiful card and using the first ever stamp I bought from LOTV. I adore this stamp as it is so easy to use for any age.
    Beautifully coloured too.
    Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Mage. He is precious. I too love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely colouring and the card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and you have made a wonderful card with it, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card love the distressed colours and image is coloured fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW..... Thats colouring is amazing. So effective. Great layout and papers too.

    Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image looks fabulous stamped on Kraft card, what a great idea. The card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!! Love the paper and the ribbon. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. I'm just planning a set of masculine cards and this is one of the images I'm going to use. Good to have some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card: everything matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete