Sunday, 1 April 2012

It’s April, and we have a guest designer ….

 

 

Good morning everyone – and happy April!

Hasn’t the first 3 months of the year just flown by? We’ve been moving into our new premises and opening the showroom, we’ve had lots of new stamps coming out and have been busy at the exhibitions. Our blog is going from strength to strength and we’re so glad that you are enjoying the new cards and projects that we’ve been putting on here every day.

I have a bit of news today, as you can imagine we get many requests from crafters who would like to be part of the Lili of the Valley design team, because we have a full DT we usually have to sadly say no. We thought it would be nice to feature a guest designer every month to show off some of the talented card makers that are around and who we unfortunately haven’t got room for in our design team at the moment, it will be someone who loves Lili of the Valley (of course!) and we will showcase their work throughout the month.

Our first guest designer is Lou Molesworth, Lou first came to our attention when she had an amazing 3D winter scene published in a magazine using a selection of our stamps. It was something different and we were very impressed, she has since sent us some more of her work which is on display in our showroom.

 

Here’s a little bit from Lou about herself;

I really am so lucky to have such a great family, my hubby Nick and our two lovely children (most of the time) Sophie 14 and George 9.

They are all quite used to sharing the dining room with all of my crafty stash and a bit if mess too. I have been crafting for 6 years now, I really do enjoy creating and like a lot of crafters I first started with sewing and cross stitch. I have always loved anything crafty, pretty fabrics and just love collecting buttons too.

I enjoy doing Demo Days,display cards and projects for Sir Stampalot and I am also a design team member of the BasicGrey Challenges Blog.

A few of my projects have been published in the Craft Stamper magazine and one of which was the LOTV Winter Wonderland last Christmas.

Just have to say that I have an extended family as well which is all of my very special crafty friends who I have met in person and in blogland too.

 

Lou’s first card for us is using the Milly ‘hello’ stamp, she’s created a little scene which we think is very clever and a little bit different

Lou Molesworth - Millie Hello  

 

Card details-

Milly ‘hello’ image

LOTV sentiment ‘It's your day’ from the calendars stamp

Designer paper- My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad: Dolled Up

Bazzill- Kraft card

Molly Blooms- window stamp

Art Impressions- tiny flowers stamp (in window)

StazOn -Timber Brown (stamp images)

EK Success - scallop photo corner punch

Tim Holtz - walnut Stain and scattered straw distress ink pads

QuicKutz -present die (KS-0388)

Brads/clear acetate for window

Coloured with VersaColor cubes - pinecone 171, vanilla 181, sand beige 151, old rose 57, cinnamon 56, cement 183, charcoal 174

VersaMagic- Aegean Blue 78

Marvy pens- 45 sepia, 24 beige, 40 brownish grey

I have used the very sweet Milly ‘hello’ stamp to make a little scene on this card, a piece of designer paper to look like wallpaper and with the Kraft card I have used my score board to make some picture rail and skirting board.

Milly, her cat and the chair have been coloured with VersaColor cubes, Marvy pens and Tim Holtz scattered straw distress ink.

All the images have been stamped in StazOn timber brown.

For the window I have used a piece of acetate for glass and stamped some tiny flowers to look as though they are outside.

The present is the QuicKutz die and I just love the LOTV small sentiment which is from the calendars stamp .

 

 Lou Molesworth - Millie Hello 2

 

 

What do you think   …isn’t this just the cutest card?

You can take a look at more of Lou’s work on her blog here and there will be more from her later in the month.

See you tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

13 comments:

  1. Really cute! Love it Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great- a really unique card which has got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique!! I love the scene idea a lot.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful........you have done yourself proud:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is just sooo cute, I love her.
    Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is wonderful, it is a great idea/scene.

    hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card. I always love kids with pets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card and so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Lou and hope you have fun.
    I love the card, such a clever laying idea that really creates a fab scene card.
    All the best Linda

    ReplyDelete