Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Boys Love Cookies!

Good morning friends! This month we're making stuff for the boys with circles as an optional addition to the theme. I know a lot of you have a hard time making cards for the boys/men in our lives, but I love making cards for boys! I think it's the cool patterns/textures and masculine colors. It's good to use different things than I usually do. So here's a little card and cookie tower box I came up with. The milk carton template is from the Silhouette store which I modified a bit with an oval opening so you can see the stack of cookies. I love how the Cameo not only cuts this box template out, but scores all the fold lines too! Super easy to put together.


The stamp I chose for the card is an oldie but goody, 'Milk and Biscuits' which I colored with Copics, and some colored pencils as well. I dug deep into the paper stash and came across this old SU collection with colors that were perfect for a little boy. 



I added some banners to the card and the box that I cut with dies. I don't use these nearly enough, so it was perfect for this project. 

I hope this helps you get some ideas for those sweet little boys in your life, they're so much fun. I'll have some more masculine themed cards later on this month, including the perfect card for Dad!



Thanks for visiting, have a great day!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Milk and Biscuits' and 'For Him Sentiments'
Ink: SU
Paper: SU, Hammermill for stamped image
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, SU ribbon, pinking edge rotary cutter, Copics, banner dies, baker's twine, Silhouette Cameo


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous set, beautiful image and great colours.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow, love it love it love it.

    Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea to use the milk carton as a cookie container and beautiful matching card too. Love it!
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love that image. Your coloring is awesome. I love seeing what you create so much.

    You really give me inspiration.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina what a beautiful biscuit box and card well done they are both fabulous Hugs Elaine .
    That little image is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful.. I love that stamp and the papers you have teamed it up with are perfect. And as for that cookies box -YUMMY!!!!

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect boy colors. You really brought those boys to life with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love it! It's given me a great idea for fathers day cards!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant what a great idea:)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katarina,
    I am really enjoying seeing all the boy cards as I am a mum of 3boys and nannie to 4grandsons.
    This is a wonderful card and I love the box of cookies idea, my boys would adore that.
    All the best Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it, fantastic card, thats gets better with the cookies included.

    ReplyDelete