Friday, 16 March 2012

Keep Out ~ The potting shed

Hi, I have a little "pink" project to share today.
I love this LOTV image - It's my party!
It reminds me of gorgeous girl Mackenzie,
She's 9 and has a bit of an attitude lol!
So I thought I'd make her this little door hanger for her room,
She loves it and does see the funnyside ~ Thankfully!

It's quite simple to make:
I got a cheap plaque 50p from our local craft outlet, 
but I'm sure chip board could work too.
I painted the plaque with dark brown acrylic paint,
let that dry then covered with a thin layer of PVA glue,
before this dried I went over with cream acrylic paint and left to dry naturally. 
(you can use a heat gun, but be careful as the paint bubble and blisters)
This gives a crackle effect, I then rubbed it all over with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Dis
Cover with paper and embellshments of your choice.
Add some string for hanging and finish off with a little bow.

xXx

My  second show and tell is also pink,


For this I have used:
LOTV ~ Potting shed  perfect for my Mum as she loves her gardening.
LOTV ~ Love sentiment
Nitwit ~ Affection and Crab apple can't you tell I love these!
I print them on cream cardstock and they are
great for sanding back as it then shows a cream core.
Tim Holtz ~ Tattered flower garland and Distressed doily
Martha Stewart butterfly
Pearls and brads from stash

Thanks for looking
There's still time to enter my candy here

Big HUGZ



25 comments:

  1. Oh Wow....what more can I say? This is absolutely fabulous! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your projects are just so WOW. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors, love the flowers! It's stunning! xoxo Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this door sign, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful door hanger and card you made ... I love the colors.

    xxx
    Anja
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both wonderful. The little image reminds me of my daughter Alyssa she is always full of that little attitude lol.

    The card is pink and grey and looks awesome. I love it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so pretty, really love the door hanger.. great design, colours and idea. well done

    hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, both of them are absolutely stunning hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful projects - I especially love that door hanger! I can see me making one of those in a few years time for my little troublets xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that I like both projects equally, the colours you have used in each are perfect. I have the birthday girl stamp but am hesitant to give it to our firl in the family who also has attitude. I may just do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These just could not be any cuter!! I adore that door hanger, it is done to perfection! I do believe I have to get that stamp, as my granddaughter will be 4 tomorrow and is fast getting that attitude!! LOL!! And the potting shed card... oh my gosh, fantastic!
    Hugs,
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects! The door hanger reminds me of my daughter when she was young! lol Thanks for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are gorgeous.

    Real beauty's.

    Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both gorgeous creations Fleur, just love the plaque. Both pretty colours, flowers and butterflies. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Fleur,
    These two creations are gorgeous. I love the colour scheme.
    ???? Please could you tell me the colour of the base card is it warm grey or taupe? I really like it and would like to get some.
    Best wishes Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both these are fabulous! I love the cute mice on the second one xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lindyloo, I'm really sorry I meant to get back to you earlier. It's bazzill basics, a sort of biscuity colour, Will have a look at the name of it next time I'm at Sir stamp, not sure how to contact you though ~so hope you get this
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW two stunning projects - love that LOTV girlie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Amazing projects!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creations!
    Hugs,

    Maria B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, they are so fantastic!! I love the color, it´s soft and very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both lovely projects: I love the colourcombination!

    ReplyDelete