Happy sunny morning peeps.
Dawny P here and it’s another lovely day. It almost feels like Summer and what better thing to have when it’s sunny than …
The image was coloured with Copics and these are the shades I used -
Leaves – G99, YG0000, YG01, YG03
Berries – R05, R17, R27, R59
Container – E50, E81
I know from the Copics workshops I’ve done that some people are a bit scared of using reds, but honestly, it’s so easy and this image is about the best I have ever used for reds - you can get a really good result as there are no teeny tiny small areas.
So this is how I coloured the berries on this beautiful image -
- Go over all the berries with a layer of R17
- Add shading detail with R59 – just small amounts here and there and mainly where the berries meet the leaves
- Blend together using R27 but don’t go right to the edge of the berries
- Go over everything with R05
A few tips to bear in mind when using reds are -
- Make sure that you use only good quality card stock – the one that most of us use can be found here
- Don’t over-wet the card. It may be better to allow a little time for the inks to dry before adding the next layer of colour.
- If you do get bleeds, don’t try and fix them with the blender pen whatever you do as this will make it worse. It’s better to go around the edge of the image with a contrasting pen as this will cover up any small imperfections and also make your image ‘pop’.
I hope that you’ve found this useful and thank you for stopping by today.
Happy crafting and hugs to all xxx