Friday, 18 November 2011

Musical Christmas Exploding Box

Hello blog friends, I've made another exploding box using Musical Christmas from the latest Christmas release. I love making these, they're time consuming, but the end result is just so impressive! 
Here's the outside, all closed up in a pretty package.


And when you slide off the top, voila! A little holiday scene and floating snowflakes pop out at you. 



I decorated little die cut pine trees with gold tinsel and red pearls. 



The poinsettias are cut from vellum using a Spellbinders die, sponged with a bit of color before assembling.



The snowflakes are a SU die strip, frosted with German glass glitter and attached to thin strips of acetate.


I can't wait to send this to a very special person this Christmas!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate all the wonderful comments.


Stamps: Lili of the Valley, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento, Distress, Marvy Heritage, Distress
Paper: Bazzill, PTI vellum, Kaisercraft, gold mirror c/s, Hammermill, Cascata
Tools & Supplies: SU Northern Frost die strip, glass glitter, Spellbinders Poinsettia dies, Copics, rhinestones, Scor Pal, PTI tree die, pearls, tinsel, gold embossing powder, red satin ribbon


-Katarina

20 comments:

  1. What a stunning creation Katarina, WOW! I love your exploding box. All the details are absolutely adorable.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness!!! This is beautiful! Love it sooo much! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job.....very beautiful!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, fabuolous job!
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAUW this is absolutely stunning work. I soooo love everything on it. Sooooo gorgeous and beautiful work. I just LOVE it,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww, what a beautiful creation. Nice details.

    Nice weekend.

    hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this box!
    Hugs Anne-Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an ambitious project. But SO VERY LOVELY!

    I just received notice that I have been published in the Winter 2011 Take Ten magazine. I used a LOTV stamp image for my card creation. Check it out on page 47 of this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly inspirational but suspect you're certainly right on the time it takes to create & the workload, but equally on the enjoyment of the recipient in getting it. Really wish I had a friend like you making my cards that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just exquisite! Simply beautiful, and a true work of art!

    love, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I haven't made one of these yet but certainly want to try after seeing yours!
    Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Over the top outstanding! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omigosh! This is over-the-top beautiful!! I saw this in your SCS gallery and just had to come here and see the details. You put so much amazing work to the inside and have inspired me to want to try one of these. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so impressed by this gorgeous box. I've made exploding boxes, but always with photos. This is such a great idea and is just stunning! You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete