Sunday, 16 October 2011

Sparkling Snowflakes

Hello blog friends near and far! I have a card to share with you all today using one of the adorable bears stamps from the latest release. This one is called 'Christmas Bears Mistletoe'. 
I colored them with Copic markers. I went through my DP stash and found an old favorite, Stampin Up's Wintergreen designer series paper. I can't tell you how much of this paper I hoarded, that's how much I love it. 


I kept digging through my stash of embellishments as well, and came across this felt adhesive backed snowflake border from K & Co. I think. It's a bear to get down straight and even, but looks really pretty don't you think?


If you click on the pictures you might be able to see how I created a 'snowfall' effect on the green label layer behind the oval. This is an old trick I used often when I did a lot of decorative painting with acrylics. I added a dab of white acrylic paint to a palette, added a few drops of water to thin it down, then tapped an old toothbrush into it. I ran my finger over the toothbrush to create a fine splatter across the paper. I love this technique. Give it a try on your snowy cards!


Hope I've tickled your creative funny bone a little, get inky!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Bears Christmas Mistletoe', 'Christmas Circular Sentiments'
Ink: Memento, SU
Paper: PTI, Stampin Up, Hammermill
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, Spellbinders Labels, Copics, Souffle pen, SU ribbon, jump ring, tiny jingle bells, snowflake charm, acrylic paint, Glimmer Mist, Spellbinders Parisian accents die, SU Northern Frost die, Pearl, K & Co felt snowflake border

8 comments:

  1. Christmas all over the card!
    Love it!
    Hugs Anne-Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute image.. And Lovely Coloring!!.. Great Christmas Colors too!.. Love the snow on the image!! :o)
    Great Christmas Card!. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful the image is adorable beautifully coloured as always and what a great idea with the tooth brush l will have to try this:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh this is just sooo beautiful which stunning colouring too!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kat, what a fun image and papers are beautiful, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! The border is very beautiful.
    Beautiful card.

    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful image is adorable beautifully coloured as always and what a great idea with the tooth brush l will have to try this soon.
    10 person first aid kit

    ReplyDelete