Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Merry Christmas

Hello friends,  I was asked by Sonja to make a card with this cute Lili of the Valley image called “Christmas Snooze” providing all the exact information on supplies and colors I used to make it. I will try to keep the therefore text short.

Claudia_Rosa_the night before christmas_4

I would like to tell you this was a “fast” card but honestly the coloring took quite some time. The entire card took me about 2hours and 45 minutes to make (deciding on papers, choosing colors, finding a sketch – this one is for Mojo Monday or get an idea what I want to make), 10 minutes to take a bunch of photos of it and about 15 minutes to download, choosing the ones I want to use, crop and edit the light a bit – use Photoshop C3 . There is a tutorial on my blog how I edit my photos. Write up for my blog getting links could add up to an other 15 minutes.


Claudia_Rosa_the night before christmas_3
As you might know, in my personal choice iam always a bit worried when using lots of flowers in a card with a boy image but I hope the ones here work. I have added a little pine cone for some texture.

Stamp: Lili of the Valley “Christmas Snooze

Claudia_Rosa_the night before christmas_2

Face: R20, E0000. 000. 00/13
chair: E50/51/31/34/39/37
everything green: YG0000/91/93/97
”red-areas” as pants: E50/21/07/08/09
shoes/legs chair-trim on chair: e49/57/59/53
Shirt/puppy E31/C6/2W1/0/5/6/4/0/7
Stars? E41/y38
Carpet:BG70/93
Endtable:w4/17/5
Halo: Prisma Color: Sand/French Grey 50 layered on top of each other before blending with a almost dry Blending stump and Walnut Stain
Core Dinastions in Canvas
Grand Spellbinder Circle, Cuttlebug Tiny tag
Paper: Pink Paislee “Father Christmas
Ink: Memento and Distress Walnut Stain
Cardstock: Bazzill Java, Stampin up Ruby Red (retired in the USA
Red tape, Crochet Ribbon, hemp  – The Ribbon Girls
Other: Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts, scroll: Make it Crafty, Hardware: Stampin up
Kraft cardstock: Recollections, Very Vanilla by Stampin up
Sentiment: Stampin up “petite pairs”

I hope since Sonja asked for this info, one or the other is interested in it as well.

3 comments:

  1. Great card - love the pinecone.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely traditional Christmas colours, so beautiful. These LOTV Christmas images are gorgeous. I want them all..lol Fabulous card.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous card! Isn't it amazing how we think something should be easy to do then it takes a couple of hours to complete. Thanks for the inspiration in using this adorable stamp.

    ReplyDelete