Friday, 19 August 2011

Die Cut Weddings

Hi there, just a quick post to share I card I made for Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine a few months ago.  The brief was to make triple embossed buttons and I had to incorporate different styles of cards for different occasions.  Thank goodness for Lili of the Valley’s Die Cut sheets!  I used the Weddings sheet for this card, but I fiddled (what’s new lol) and added more shading to the image with my copics and pencils.  Love how it added vibrancy to the image and made it my own.

bev-rochester-handmade-buttons-2

The border die is from Spellbinders, the butterflies are a Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch and the pearls, seam binding and lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The button was done by embossing a button made from chipboard then whilst the embossing powder was still hot and wet I dunked it into DecoArt Glamour Dust glitter then heated it again then dunked it into embossing powder a few times till there was a good smooth coverage to the button. Love how the glitter glistens through the embossing powder.

bev-rochester-handmade-buttons-3

 

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

10 comments:

  1. I love this card, it's beautiful

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazingly beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, sweet card, love the colours!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya sweetie
    this card is so elegant hunni
    just perfect, i love the image very much sweetie
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, can you name the stamp ? I love the image!

    ReplyDelete