Sunday, 10 July 2011

celebrate the moment

IMG_3347

Hi Everyone!  I created this card earlier this year for my Mom’s birthday, but I love how it turned out so I wanted to share it here, too.  I love the adorable images from Lili of the Valley (of course!) and I wanted to create a card using images to represent my three children. 

I wanted to use three different images on my card so I did some masking while stamping the images (more on that in a second).  I paired my images with some patterned papers from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite line and sponge some antique linen distress ink on all the edges before adding some stitching before finishing everything off with some red buttons.

IMG_3345
I started by stamping the Baby Blanket image (to represent our baby boy, of course).  Then, I masked the baby and stamped the Big Present image (to represent our oldest son).  Last, I masked the boy image as well and stamped the Rosie with Presents image (to represent our daughter).  Don't the images look cute all together like that?  I colored the images with copic markers and sponged the antique linen ink around the edges before stitching my paper.

Here are the marker colors I used to color the image:
skin: E00, E21, E11, R12, E000
baby clothes: B93, B95, B97
baby blanket: E50, E51, E53
boy/girl hair: E33, E35, E29
boy clothes: R24, R29, R89, BG72, BG75, BG78, E33, E35, E29, C2
girl clothes: R21, R22, R24, BG72, BG75, BG78
presents: YG93, YG95, YG97, E50, E51, E53, E55, R29, R21, R22
shadows/ground: W1, W3, W5

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Niki

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Niki, all those images do look great together tfs.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki, FAB card! I ♥ how you have used these 3 adorable images to represent your children.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I love the way you masked those three stamps, they look so good together !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card. Love how you have used three images and I really like your strong colouring. Perfect.
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAntastic masking job, it looks like 1 stamp also very good colouring.

    Regards,
    An

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab i would never had put these together but boy do they work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colouring is done to perfection!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card - love how you've put the images together

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely stunning! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and very clever the way you have put the images together.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so cute. Love your blog and the LOTV stamps. I've already bought some but will be coming back for more. I don't have a blog right now , but I appreciate that I don't need one to enter for blog candy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete