Monday, 20 June 2011

Say it With Flowers–and a Little Tutorial

IMG_0417a
Good Morning thought I would show you a card I made at the weekend  and at the end of this post I have a little tutorial on how I made the Rose on the card with my new Spellbinders Die.#
IMG_0417
Wow just realised looking at this picture just how busy this card is, lots of Dies used on here all available from Dies to Die For and Crafts U Love, The Tag and Border die are Doo Hickeys, I cased the idea for the tag from Maddy (Thanks Hun Mwah xxx), The image of Emma “Plant Pot”, and the Circular Sentiment  are from Lili of the Valley, once again this image was coloured ages ago and although I  wrote down the colours I used on all the stamps I lost the pad I wrote them all on.   The papers are from the Nitwits Possibilities download this is a stunning set full of lilacs and pinks.
I made the large rose with the Spellbinder Rose Creations Dies, more below, the rest of the flowers are by Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts, Seam Binding and Fancy Pins are from the Ribbon Girl.
IMG_0418a 
Here is how I made the Rose
IMG_0408IMG_0409IMG_0410
You need to cut 2 of each of the smallest roses from Double sided paper,  spray both sides of each layer with pearl Glimmer Mist, dry with Heat Gun, then use a decorative brad .
IMG_0411 IMG_0414 IMG_0421
Bring the first layer up and over the brad I have added a little dot of glue to temporary keep it in place, then bring each layer up but leaving the bottom layer flat, then add glitter glue (mine hadn’t dried when I took the picture and looks a bit blobby).   I have also used the same die set to make the 2 felt roses, once I had cut the felt layers out I sprayed them with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to which makes then easier to mould the petals.  The felt is available from The Ribbon Girl.
IMG_0418
here is the finished rose in the Floral  arrangement.
Hugs
Jacqui xxx

9 comments:

  1. Love your card, and that homemade rose is just soo pretty :o) Makes me wanna have that die ;o)
    Thanks for sharing a small tut.
    Hugs Laila

    http://blog.lolapigen.dk

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card, thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card! Such a feast for the eyes! I love the lilac with the pops of pink and green! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love how you've arranged all the different flowers! Beautiful card, thanks for sharing. xo Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya sweetie
    this card is gorgeous hunni
    love the flower tutorial sweetie
    thanks for that
    have a great day
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  5. wauw very beautiful!
    i love the flowers!
    greetings, mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love everything about it. Thanks for sharing with the tutorial, I need those dies. I have just purchased that stamp. love all the new girlie images. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can l say...........just stunning love the image and work that's put into this beautiful creation truely is stunning.:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, and the colours are wonderful, love your rose,really pretty, and looks easy to do, thanks for the tutorial.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! Love your idea for flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!