Saturday, 4 June 2011

My First Christmas Card for 2011

chr1a

I cannot believe I had the sudden urge to make a Christmas card in the Middle of a Heatwave, the heat must have fried my brain.  Since the LOTV Colouring Day I have had lots of requests to make some of my cards for the blog with ProMarkers, so here is one not only coloured in ProMarkers but using a colour scheme I have never used before.
chr1
“All Wrapped Up”  was one of Lili of the Valleys 2010 Christmas releases, what a little darling she is.  I usually colour my image and then search around for papers to match, but for this card I had already decided I wanted to use some of the small bits of my Pion Papers left over from previous card, (this paper is just to precious to waste).   Then I chose the flowers and ribbon and finally coloured the image, I am so pleased with the results I may try this again, I know a lot of you make your card this way.
I stamped the music onto cream card using  Lili of the Valley Clear Additions Grunge Music stamp and popped this behind the image.  The Seam binding from The Ribbon Girl was distressed and glittered and a button from The Hobby House was added to the middle of the Bow.
chr2
The Flowers are a mixture from Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima and the leaves are from the Doo Hickey Mistletoe Die.
chr2a
Promarkers used to colour the image:
Dress and Bow: Amber, Saffron, Vanilla, Ivory
Hat & Ribbons: Soft Green, Tea Green, Ivory
Flesh: Apricot, Saffron, Vanilla
Boots: Ice Grey1, Ice Grey 2, Ice Grey 5
Have a lovely weekend
Jacqui xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgous! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a colour first then scrabble for papers girl! But if this is the result then I'm changing my habits, lol! Stunning card hun, and the colours are so gorgeous. Well done on getting started, even if it is only June. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it's 27oc in my garden at the moment and the chills of Christmas seem far away but this is such a great card. The colours are really different and work so well Jacqui! Enjoy the sun and remember the snow!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AB FAB! just great and the colours together are DEF WOW. Lovely, true eye candy....
    Hugs Sheilagh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such an adorable image and love the bird with its feathers so lifelike!!...:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete