Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Trying a bit of Clean and Simple

ps1a

WoooHoo!!!! my new camera arrived late yesterday afternoon so I am back in Business, as I was saying yesterday I have been trying my hand at clean and simple not sure yet whether I am cut out for this style, I really admire all you girls who produce such stunning cards without the use of embellishments and backing papers, I have a long way to go I am afraid.

ps1

Here are my first 3 efforts all using Lili of the Valley Images. I know they need refining.

 

ps1b

The Copics used to Colour my Lili of the Valley “No 7  Bear

E35, E31, E53, E50.

I will show you another couple of Clean and simply cards , I am very brave as these should really go straight in the bin but I would really appreciate your comments on where I can improve on this style any criticism and advice would be appreciated as I would really like to conquer this style.  Both cards have been made using Lili of the Valley Stamps.

ps3 

Martha Stewart Border Punch and Fleur De Lys Spellbinder have been distressed with Distress Ink “Forest Moss” The Copics used on Lili of the Valley Garden of Wishesare:

Flesh: E21, E00, E000, R20

Hair, E71, E70, E40

Dress & Wings : B04, B02, B00, B0000, Goo, G0000

and finally my first effort

ps2

This one was made using flowers and swirls from the Lili of the Valley Folk Flowers A5 Sheet from  Clear Additions Collection.  I know I have been a bit heavy handed with the Distress Ink on this one, (I told you it should of gone in the Bin).

I did promise I would do a few tutorials on colouring hair, folds and pleats I will make a start today now I have my camera.

Hope you have a good day

Hugs

Jacqui xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui.
    Love all three they are great cards, hard to choose a favorite and I just love my Distress Ink pads, I think the pink card might just win for me.
    Sheilagh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the bin?? Are you ... Lol
    Sorry, that had to be Said - your cards are just lovely! I adore the second one - it's perfect!
    Huts
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I think you've done really well there Jacqui!
    Well much better than me, If i make a clean card it's never 'simple' as i will do an intricate cut or paperfold! Love the stamps! specially the No7 bear...
    Looking forward to see more lovely cards from you
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous, particularly like Teddy in first one. Can't believe you would even contemplate binning them - shock horror.

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are so detailed, they are fabulous, what a clever person you are! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!