Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Tutorial with a Sneak Peek!


So many of you showed an interest in this step card, both here and on my blog, I've done you a small tutorial.  It is so easy you won't believe it. Just a case of getting the measurements so it all balances. The beauty of it is you can cut your image to any shape, heart, circle, square etc and they all fit the card beautifully.


You need a piece of card 51/2 x 12 inches (30.5 x 14.5 centimeters) 

Score along the length at 11/2,   3,   5,  7 and 91/2 inches
(3.8,  7.6,  12.7,  17.8 and 24.2 centimeters)


Now concertina fold your card, from left to right first a mountain fold, then a valley, mountain, valley and finally the last mountain.


There it is - how easy is that?
5mins to make the card and about 5 hours to embellish it if you're like me. 
I'm not the fastest cardmaker around!!


I begin by adding my dp to the card - 


Then onto the image and embellishments. 

This one measures 51/2" wide and including the image and frame just short of 51/2 " in height.

I Hope you enjoy this little tutorial and find it easy - any problems please feel free to email me.

Ingredients - 
Stamps 'Bunches of Love' image and sentiment
Copics
Papers - unknown, from 'bit box'
Marianne creatable - flourishes, Cuttlebug Fancy tags, MS butterfly punch
Pearls and ribbon from stash

love
Heather xx

12 comments:

  1. O wow Heather
    This is Fabulous , love it !!!

    Thanks for your Tuto
    Sonja x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya sweetie
    thank you so much for the tutorial hunni
    it's such a gorgeous card
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you!
    I am not a fast card maker either - your results are beautiful!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, stunning card. Love the border made with the Marianne creatable. I need to look it up!

    Thankyou for the tutorial. I could never remember the measurment (and you kindly added inches measurments) Most of the time tutorials are written in cm which I have never been able to convert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi wow this is so cool. You are very good at tutorials hope to see more !! Stunning the way you have decorated it too ! Off to make one now ! Thankyou needed inspiration today and got it Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much. I've always like the looks of these but I had no clue !! Will be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Heather for sharing

    k x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the tutorial and I had to laugh, no, I thought I was the slowest card maker in the world!! Those embellishments and paper choices all take so long . . . I look forward to trying this, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tutorial, it's a loveley card and i must try it... The colouring are great.
    Have a nice day, Annacarin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to try this.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Heather for this fab tutorial - you're right it is easy - when you know how of course!! lol bx

    ReplyDelete