Saturday, 5 February 2011

Present Card With A Tutorial!

Hi guys!   I made a Present Card to show you today using the sweet Rosey Posey from Lili of the Valley!





Cut two pieces of cardstock, one at 5 1/2" x 11 and score in half.  The other piece is 6" x 3" and score on 6" side at 1 1/2.    
Now, I chose to sew my edges, but you can use that sticky tape if you like, just make sure it it very skinny.  It needs to withstand a card going in and out, so make sure it is strong tape.  Notice for the larger piece the fold is at the bottom and the lid, well, of course the fold is at the top.  The top is cut slightly larger to go over the bottom piece.  TIP- Don't forget if you are sewing to sew the bottom edges of the lid BEFORE you sew down the sides and sew very close to the edge.

Decorate like a present and add all your larger embellishments on this piece because the larger items will not fit in the pocket for the card.  I punched two holes at the top of the lid and fed my ribbon through so that when it is pulled to take off the top, it won't fall off with all the wear.  I added the brand new small, flat Gardenias from Wild Orchid Crafts and some 15mm roses, and 6mm rosebuds and some flatbacked pearls.  The sentiment on the tag is an LOTV sentiment.

Here is the card that tucks inside.  This is Rosey Posey from Lili of the Valley. This card  should measure 5" x 5" to go inside easily.  If you go much bigger it is too hard to get in and out.  Keep in mind FLAT for this card (a very hard job for me).


See how the card tucks inside and the top goes over? Cute huh? 

I sure hope you like my little tutorial. I have a little bit more information on where this idea came from on my blog HERE.

Thank you  for visiting the Ideas To Inspire blog!

Hugs, Dena

20 comments:

  1. WOW!! I really thought it was a proper box when I first looked.Fabulous idea.I love your choices of papers,and the tulle with ribbon bow. The finished project looks beautiful.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is stunning, fantastic idea and beautifully made. I will definately be trying out this idea. thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a great idea. A perfect envelop that's quick to make. Like it a lot
    Thanks for sharing such an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your present is gorgeous, what a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great great idea!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww what a nice idea, it's gorgeous !
    Grts, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    wow a good idea! Thanks for the workshop.
    Greets Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a clever idea love it
    great step by step
    hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's cute! lovely idea.
    hugs Gea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful idea. Love the colours and image. Thanks for the tutorial. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea!!! So cute! Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful idea!!!! :-))))

    thank you very very much

    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea, I am definitly going to make it.

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this is adorable! Lovely work Dena. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow Dina, love it!!!
    What a lovely way to give a card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,Dena!This card is fantastic!!!I loved!!!Can I make a lift to him?Post to you after.
    Hugs
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowwwwwwwww fabulous!
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete