Monday, 12 July 2010

Tip Toe Fairy

Here’s my attempt at an easel box with a drawer thingy (not quite sure what to call it)   and got the inspiration for this from Kirsten who does the most exquisite work. I opted for the easy version and only made one drawer which will be filled with chocolates or fashion jewellery for our Ben’s teacher (2 gifts down, loads more to go!). Sorry there are quite a few photos.

lotv-tiptoe-easel-drawer1

I am well pleased with how this turned out, even though I made it up as I went along as I wanted the easel card to be 6 x 6 so had a bit of a fiddle on to get the drawer the right size. The “handle” on the drawer is made up of two gold findings with a brad pushed through and secured on the inside of the drawer.

lotv-tiptoe-easel-drawer2

I used Papermania papers (Blueberry Hill) and stamped around the edges with a stamp from my Stempelglede Grunge Flourish Hearts set with Walnut Stain distress ink. I used a neglected border punch from Martha Stewart – forgot I even had this one it’s been gathering dust for that long!

lotv-tiptoe-easel-drawer5

The sentiment is a Stampin Up rub on, another thing I have had for so long I wasn’t even sure if it still had it’s stick. It did thank goodness. I overloaded on the pearls too, popped the little 3mm ones around the image and also on the punched border.

lotv-tiptoe-easel-drawer4

A close up of the roses that have been blinged with Glimmer mists to within an inch of their little lives lol.

lotv-tiptoe-easel-drawer3

And lastly to show the drawer does open (no chocs in yet cos I will just eat them lol).

I coloured the image with distress inks and watercolour pencils (couldn’t get the right shade of blue to match the roses on the paper till I got out the pencils).

hugs

Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

24 comments:

  1. ooohw, it is very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev
    Wow this is stunning,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER Bev! This is just STUNNING. I luv it! Those dps are just gorgeous, luv how you've stamped all around and your colouring is just perfect as always. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh lovely! wish there were more hours in the day to make beautiful things like this
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I love this gift its amazing. Golly to be the Teacher, she will be over the moon. Thanks for the inspiration, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev,

    Wow, what an amazing creation! I love it, it's beautiful!! The colors are all perfectly matched and the image is sooo lovely! The punch is very nice, good thing you dusted it off!! Ha ha! Lovely to see!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is AMAZING!! Is there a tutorial somewhere for an easel drawer card? I would love to have a go at this! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bev...this is beautiful!! I LOVE the colors you used and all the different elements. What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Bev this is just truly awesome. Wonderful, wonderful.

    Judie H.
    www.cardsbyjudie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Bev this is absolutely amazing - I would love to be able to make such beautiful things, but time doesn't allow unfortunately. The colours and in fact everything about this is truly fabulous. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, I be really happy as a teacher to get the gift box. You are an inspiration Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just so beautiful and extremely elegant - a standard i will only ever be able to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bev, as I told you already on your blog... I really really adore this beautiful box!!!!
    The layout and the coloring and the colors you choose (my favorite ones) are all just perfect!
    hugs, jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh MY ...
    This looks awesome Bev ;0)
    TFS

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Bev,i love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.


    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable creation. Great image, wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNIING!!!! I love your easel box with draw thingy! Absolutely gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply exquisite, I am speechless in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful, Bev. Love it!!

    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bev, this is adorable. I love the many little accents you have added.
    Brilliant!

    Hugs, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! I wanna have a go at making an easel box drawer thingy! Gorgeous colours and details! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bev this is stunning work, you truly are an inspiration to me.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete