Friday, 23 July 2010

Meet Milkshake

At Doncaster last week I was telling Jacqui and Marcea about my new and very lovely little car – I’ve just bought it and I said I’d post some pics up here so they could see….

(If you’re wondering about the weird number plate – I got some strange attack of paranoia about posting my acutal number plate on here – for anyone to see – who know’s what they’d do with it and all that – but anyway, I hid it :))

blogmilkshake2

I’ve been planning on getting a new car for a while – I’ve loved my blue polo (which you can see just peeking out of the front of this picture) but it’s 9 years old now and getting it through it’s MOT this year cost me nearly what it’s worth so I reluctantly decided it was time to move on.  I hate selling cars but this time it was easy as my brother’s girlfriend is taking the Polo so I can be happy it’s off to a good home.

blogmilkshake3

Anyway, back to Milkshake…I'm loving that chrome! .

I’d pondered over what car to buy this time around and had decided that a Fiat 500 was for me.  I love the retro styling and had read that they were roomy inside even though they are so small and dinky.  So off I went to the Fiat garage – all set to buy one in Bossa Nova white.  But my attempt at being all grown up and sensible was doomed before it even began.  Got to the Garage,  in I walked and there it was – so Pink and shiny.  I spent about half an hour wandering around looking at all the other cards but all along I knew I was kidding myself – I wasn’t going to buy a white one, or a red one, or a black one, etc, etc – you know the rest.  The minute I saw it I knew – I was going to have a bright, bubblegum pink, super girlie, retro cutie car.

blogmilkshake5

It’s even pink inside – look!  And there’s only 500 ever been made.  I don’t know if that’s good because it’s rare or bad because they only think 500 people in the whole world would want one!  And what’s worse – I’m one of them – lol!

blogmilkshake4

I do feel I must stress – I’m not usually the kind of person to name a car.  I love them and usually cry when I sell them – so I am soft, I admit that much.  But no I don’t name them.  But this car does strange things to you.  I smile at people when they push in in front of me – I get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside everytime a 4 year old jumps up and down going ‘Look Daddy a pink car’ when I drive by – All in all it’s so pink it’s make me act all pink and girlie.  It was just crying out to be christened and it’s just that colour – such a cool, strawberry ice cream pink.  So Milkshake was born.

You’ll have to let me know what you think – what I know is I absolutely love it!!!!!!!

Laila x

44 comments:

  1. Oh I adore your car! So cute! And pink inside too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a super girlie, retro cutie car Laila. Milkshake looks delicious and so elegant in pink and I wish you happy, smily driving.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous and you will never lose it in the car park lol. Love the name very fitting. Happy & safe driving, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love it!. We recently changed our car and I really really wanted one of these, but my hubby wasn't too keen!!!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know what,I don't even drive,but this car is so smart looking that I want one.Its the pink inside that would sell it for me.So darned cute.Elisa.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I am so in love with it. WOW what a brill car. Fiats are great I have a Panda and love it.
    I once bought a car from the picture in a magazine. It was a mini and was amaranth in colour which was pearlescent purple. Loved it. Shame the baby buggy wouldn't fit thought LOL Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its absolutely gorgeous! The interior is fab I just love the dash board!
    Enjoy it!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely fabulous darling!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh Milkshake is even more awesome than I thought she would be, I LURVE her no wonder you were smitten. I would learn to drive if I could have one like this. I am so jealous hun xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know what I love more ... the car or its name, brilliant you lucky thing you. I am GREEN whilst you're in the pink rofl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, it's gorgeous and LOVE the name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! I love it ! especially the inside :D
    My car is a black micra and is called Pearl as in "The Black Pearl"

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what a car!
    Hugs
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laila... Milkshake (Love it) is amazing i love her, all shiny and new and Pink. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, How cool is this i used to love these cars as a kid and always said i would have one for my car i used to call them " little loves" .
    Never got one i hasten to add but i sure love yours that pink is fandabidozie!!
    hugs
    Suzie Qx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh I am super jealous lol, I love the fiat 500!!! too small for my brood lol. enjoy:O) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE it...not showing my wee one tho..she will want her Dad to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My God! How cut is that for a car!? I almost want to get a driving licence and buy one myself!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  19. How stunning, now wonder you fell in luv. Think I need one of these just for the girls car hehe! Lucky lady, enjoy it!! Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Milkshake is just the right name for your adorable car!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Almost as cute as my Black Cherry(purple, the grandson says)Scion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome, love it!! Wish I could buy a pink car!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know what you mean! I have had a pink car for four years! Last Januar I have bought a blue one, but I miss my candy car every day!
    Have lots of save drivings in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Who's a lucky girl - the envy of us all - Milkshake is boootiful - Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG!!OMG!!OMG!! thats the same color as my shop, now i gotta talk to my DH, i gotta have me that color car, STUNNING!! i have never seen a more devine color in MY LIFE!! to die for. totally rocks girlfriend. ENJOY!!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG this is even better than I imagine .... I love it!!!!! Just need to get a sprinkling of glamour dust on it and then it would totally perfect. Fab Fab Fab!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantastic bubblegum pink car, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh - I love it Laila. I test-drove a Fiat 500 last week (after drooling at the original one in the showroom - not for sale!!) - great fun car to drive. I don't like them in white, though - you definitely made the right decision to go with this baby!!! Happy motoring!!

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes, I want one too, lol!!!Only in this gorgeous, the driver sits on the wrong side of the car.... But I love the colour and the 500 is def a favorite of mine.
    Save driving and it will last for ever :)
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG hun totally loveing this car oh wish it was mine its totally brilliant hun love love it, hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. OHHHHHHHHHH MY I have never seen a car I thought was actually CUTE!!!!! But this is it. It has to be a blast to drive. Have fun!
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG!!!! I love it, I want to be one of the other 499 people to have one! Ok, I can't afford one but I can dream surely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cutie! I'm another pink car owner but it's not a Fiat. I called mine Dolly because she reminded me of a wee dolly mixture. What are we like!! Dolly is my very first car of my very own (and I'm an older lady) but I don't care - it was love at first sight.
    Enjoy Milkshake and many happy motoring miles.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! I'll certainly see you coming Laila!

    She (I take it Milkshake is a girl?) reminds me of her predecessor Fiat Panda, at its launch they did some in black and white cow patches! My friend had one ;))

    So where's the glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  35. I never thought that I would like a bubblegum pink car but it's so cute. I wouldn't been able to resist either. You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! You'll certainly never lose it at the car park!! Have fun ♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is really cute - love the colour.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE LOVE LOVE your car. My daughter and I would love to drive around in a pink car (she;s 4) but my teenage sons would absolutely refuse to be seen in it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Delicious!! What a mouthwatering little beauty. Makes my red convertible MG look positively boring. Enjoy!

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is cutest car ever!!!
    I would love one like that just for me!lol.
    Enjoy your ride!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is SO cute.. :) I belive it was easy to buy this One:) I have Fiat Stilo, multiwagon, it´s metal-white, looks like light turquoise, and I can´t help it, I just love my car:) So I understand how you feel.. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!