Thursday, 10 June 2010

MY EXCITING DISCOVERY

I don't know if I'm being a bit slow and you have all worked this out already but I've just discovered that watercolour paper is absolutely fantastic to use with your Promarkers!!!

I've been preparing some more video tutorials and have been playing around with my using my Promarkers on different papers and I can't believe how amazingly well they work when you use them on proper cold pressed watercolour paper.

I've avoided it in the past because for some reason I thought the promarkers just wouldn't get on with it - I assumed it would be too thick and too absorbent and that the pens would blend well - How wrong can someone be!!!



Sorry for the terrible photo I don't know if it makes it clear - but I wanted to show you how great the promarkers blend together on the paper. All the colouring and blending just seems to look so much more professional.

But the best thing for me has to be that the pens hardly bleed over the lines at all. No matter how much you blend the colours and put down more and more ink it seems to stay where you want it. This has always been a problem for me in the past as I'm a bit generous with the amound of ink I put down on the paper - but with this paper it's not an issue any more.

I'm filming the tutorial for this image today - showing how I coloured in the Deckchair Dreaming bear. It should hopefully be up here tonight and you'll be able to see far better what I'm raving about. For me it's like working with new pens - they just blend so much more easily and the colours seem to work together better - amazing!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, this image is lovely! And, yes, beautifully colored!!

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image, wonderful colored :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and colouring. I too had thought the same about watercolour paper - I must find mine out now to have a try!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. great image and thanks fot the tip, must go buy some of that paper
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the tutorial and will have to rumage through hubby's painting stuff to see what papers I can aquire, thanks for the tip Julye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image and thankyou for the tip,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, I thought, like you Laila, that it would be all over the place. Now I'm off to have a play, will watch tonight. Thank you very much xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really interesting. I just assumed they wouldn't work with watercolour paper. Must give it a try.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fabulous colouring with this cute teddy - I'll look forward to the video to see how it's done! I've just gone over to using an extremely smooth cardstock so it'll be interesting to compare - and I'm sure I have some good water-colour paper in my stash, somewhere!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really amazing, and wow the colouring really looks perfect. I'm definitely going to try it out on watercolour paper as I still got some from the time when I used to paint!!! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, the colouring is fantastic, will have to give it a go. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing colouring! I've some watercolour papers with me too, but I've never tried them with my copics.. thanks for the tips, I think I'll give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colouring! I love this image, it's just do cute. Unfortunately it was out of stock when I ordered. I just posted a card using the Bear with butterflies. Love that one too!
    Hugs /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZER! This looks brilliant! Thank you for sharing your tips. I know it might sound silly but where do I purchase watercolour paper as I'd luv to give it a shot. Have done searches on most of the websites that I order from and nothing comes up for watercolour paper? Could you please advise? Thanks in advance. Lotsa luv xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment, we love to read them all.
Let us know what you think of Lili of the Valley, our website, our blog, our products ...in fact anything really!